PDA

View Full Version : Non H-Pylori Ulcers

BillandMary
04-14-2016, 07:45 PM
Hello All,

Hoping someone on here has had my issues with stomach ulcers and can help. I have experienced stomach distress since last summer and finally was told that my gallbladder needed to come out because of stones in the neck/bile ducts of the bladder. I had it removed this past February and the pain did not dissipate much if any. I had an EDG (scope down the throat) about two weeks ago and they found a benign ulcer on the duodenum of my stomach. They also said that the biopsy showed it was a non h-pylori ulcer so they cannot treat it with antibiotics. The doctor had me start Prilosec and Zantac to reduce or block my stomach acid but after talking to several people and reading several medical publications these two acid blockers are not good for you long term. I need advice from people on what I can take to help rid me of this ulcer that is making my life miserable. I am currently taking vitamin e, drinking green tea, eating deglycyrrhizinated licorice tablets, using Innate GI response and using Hum a life fulvic and humic drops. I also eats apples and bananas as much as possible and eat very clean. I cannot believe that a doctor cannot prescribe me something to help heal this ulcer. I need some help please. Thank you

rainbowsrock
04-15-2016, 05:45 PM
If you still have severe symptoms I see no harm in taking a PPI to heal the damage
When things settle down if you want to come off it don't do it cold turkey, wean down slowly to avoid rebound acid reflux

I had my gallbladder out about 5 years ago
I have acid/bile reflux and after being told to come off my PPI for 10 days prior to an endoscopy I developed gastritis and duodenitis. My PPi dose was increased to aid healing. When I felt better I weaned off it slowly, as I share your concerns re long term use

However after being off it for 6 weeks my symptoms returned with a vengeance. I tried to stick it out but have had to admit defeat

This time I have asked for the lowest dose PPI. It helped immediately but I am determined to stick at the low dose and try coming off again at some point