PDA

View Full Version : Non-H.Pylori Ulcers or Gastritis?

04-16-2016, 01:15 PM
There's a constant gnawing/burning sensation and slight pain going on in my abdomen area that's been going on for a long time now - I used to only get it occasionally, now it will not stop, lasting practically all day.

I've tested negative for H.Pylori and have not used any NSAIDs for a very long time because i have no need to use them. I also never drink/smoke etc.

I've been on a bland diet and I still get a gnawing, burning sensation quickly after I finish eating...

What could be the cause?

crabfestbaby
04-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Been trying to find out my problem and haven't been here too long but it sounds like my gastritis. I don't have that bacteria and I did not take painkillers, smoke or drink either. Been researching and these things sometimes happen for other reasons, like being stressed out. Have you had a scope yet? They can scope you to see if you have an ulcer or gastritis that way.

05-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Been trying to find out my problem and haven't been here too long but it sounds like my gastritis. I don't have that bacteria and I did not take painkillers, smoke or drink either. Been researching and these things sometimes happen for other reasons, like being stressed out. Have you had a scope yet? They can scope you to see if you have an ulcer or gastritis that way.

Hey crabfestbaby, I just had an endoscopy showing I have Antral Gastritis, however I still have no idea as to WHY I would have gastritis in the 1st place... I'm concerned if the type of gastritis I have is caused by another illness in a different part of my body... like having Pancreatitis or Colon cancer...

crabfestbaby
05-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Hey crabfestbaby, I just had an endoscopy showing I have Antral Gastritis, however I still have no idea as to WHY I would have gastritis in the 1st place... I'm concerned if the type of gastritis I have is caused by another illness in a different part of my body... like having Pancreatitis or Colon cancer...

From what my gastrologist told me, gastritis is very common and people can have it and not have symptoms, it can be temporary and be caused by taking medicines or be from long term GERD and in like 50% of cases they never figure out what causes it. My husband has colon cancer and two of my relatives died from colon cancer so I have to be tested every 5 years for it. So I understand your fear. Your symptoms sound a lot like mine and I am going thru further testing. I am being tested to see if the bloating I also get is from my stomach taking too long to empty. Do you get bloating after you eat or near the end of the day?

rainbowsrock
05-07-2016, 05:37 PM
I recently had Gastritis and Duodenitis...same symptoms as you're describing. I had 20mg Omeprazole am and pm for several weeks to heal it, and now I have dropped to 10mg once a day
I ate small, bland meals

05-07-2016, 07:17 PM
From what my gastrologist told me, gastritis is very common and people can have it and not have symptoms, it can be temporary and be caused by taking medicines or be from long term GERD and in like 50% of cases they never figure out what causes it. My husband has colon cancer and two of my relatives died from colon cancer so I have to be tested every 5 years for it. So I understand your fear. Your symptoms sound a lot like mine and I am going thru further testing. I am being tested to see if the bloating I also get is from my stomach taking too long to empty. Do you get bloating after you eat or near the end of the day?

No one in my family (that I know of) has had colon cancer, and I'm also only 20 years old so - I'm hoping those 2 factors alone rule me out of possibly having it - I wish I had done a colonoscopy while I had my endoscopy :mad: YES i am currently having bloating and I am passing gas pretty much every night beginning late in the afternoon. Sometimes it wakes me up at night, however the pain isn't severe... I only have slight discomfort in my lower abdomen.

crabfestbaby
05-08-2016, 08:32 AM
I agree with you, at your age you should not be worried about cancer. They will test for that anyway but I would not worry about it, very rare. The late afternoon bloating and gas is why my doctor is now thinking that my stomach is just not digesting quick enough. He said by that time of day, whatever food I have eaten for breakfast is still not being digested and now my stomach has to digest lunch and dinner. I think it makes some sense. I still get the burning pain if I don't eat but if I skip meals, I don't get bloated. Eating makes me bloated and more so near 5-6 pm. I find I don't drink much either and sometimes will feel like I have water sitting in my stomach. Does your stomach ever make loud digestive noises, like you haven't eaten in days? I sometimes get that too. Hope you are feeling better, but staying active might keep your mind off of your stomach and exercise is supposed to help with digestion.

05-08-2016, 01:01 PM
I agree with you, at your age you should not be worried about cancer. They will test for that anyway but I would not worry about it, very rare. The late afternoon bloating and gas is why my doctor is now thinking that my stomach is just not digesting quick enough. He said by that time of day, whatever food I have eaten for breakfast is still not being digested and now my stomach has to digest lunch and dinner. I think it makes some sense. I still get the burning pain if I don't eat but if I skip meals, I don't get bloated. Eating makes me bloated and more so near 5-6 pm. I find I don't drink much either and sometimes will feel like I have water sitting in my stomach. Does your stomach ever make loud digestive noises, like you haven't eaten in days? I sometimes get that too. Hope you are feeling better, but staying active might keep your mind off of your stomach and exercise is supposed to help with digestion.

I just wanna thank you ever so much for your continued replies, crabfestbaby and for also going into details. I feel much sympathy for you since you say absolutely everything gives you burning. A few weeks ago when my burning was non-stop, my stomach would sometimes make growling/upset noises after I had eaten something containing meat or chicken, but not like a crazy hunger sounding growl :( ... I've haven't mentioned this online, because I have been wanting to monitor it for some more time but... over the past few weeks i've been passing thin, smooth, narrow-ish stool every morning. This morning was the most thinnest looking stools i've ever passed so I want to go and get a colonoscopy to sort of at least ease my mind about the chances of having cancer. These symptoms have been going on the most as of recently - nausea, fatigue, gas/bloating, lack of appetite and narrow stools. Ever since i was small, nurses and doctors would tell me I had IBS because I would often get diarrhea. I just hope it's just a case of IBS or something less serious that I'm having... I have to say that the burning feeling hasn't been with me for about 2 weeks, even before I had went for an endocope and i'm not really sure why i'm not having that feeling anymore. It's even more strange because I am diagnosed with Antral gastritis... I hope you will one day get relief. I will continue to follow your story - and when my endoscope biopsy results finally get in I will let you know about them

crabfestbaby
05-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Thank you, I appreciate that. I would get a colonoscopy for sure. I have had some thin stools too on and off especially if I have eaten chicken or something that has not set well with my stomach. I felt that my insides had become swollen at the same time so my thinking was it made it more difficult to pass stools, making them thinner. But yes, I would mention this to your doctor and ask for a colonoscopy. I have had many of them and it is a routine test, nothing to worry about. Just the prep is not that fun but if you plan it right, it can be much easier.