PDA

View Full Version : Headaches, Ear, Eye Problems, and Other Neuro Symptoms. Please Help!!!

doggydruel
04-16-2016, 07:26 PM
I thought to post to this board granted that the "ear disorders" board was too specific. If anyone has any insight into a possible condition, or has heard of someone with these issues, please do share with me!!! I really need the help right now!

I am 21 years old, and prior to about August of last year I was incredibly healthy. I did have a total of 3 acoustic traumas in both February and May 2015, which I thought had damaged my ears and nervous system in some way, but the issues should have resolved themselves around the time of the accident. Then in August I started getting hearing losses for no good reason on a regular basis, as well as continuous vertigo (from sudden loud noises that were not harmful enough to damage hearing in a split second), after which I began developing many, many more symptoms over the next few months months.

Judging by my ear symptoms (of a sudden nature) and some of my other symptoms, I believe my problem is vascular in nature, if that leads to any ideas.
I also have mixed, chronic migraine stuff (MAV, basilar), which may themselves account for the symptoms I have. The thing is though, I never got regular migraines (showing symptoms every day) before November of last year, and was completely healthy otherwise! So my thought is something structural or autoimmune in nature that is causing these symptoms!

Anyway, to the symptoms:

Eyes:

-Uvetitis (well, my eyes feel swollen and bloodshot)
---Not caused by allergies!
-Mild sensitivity to bright lights
-Waxing and waning pressure behind the eyes that can hurt
-Flashes, shadows, and little dots that can be black and white in color
-Feelings that the eyes are dry despite frequent hydration
-Visual snow of other qualities
-Occasional episodes of blurred vision

Ears

1. Ear fullness in both ears that comes and goes
2.Tinnitus of all kinds of frequencies,
-but the most eery one is a combination of high end frequencies that sound like the hissing and sparking of downed wires. Those noises come and go all the time.

3. Small bouts of sudden hearing loss daily or weekly, in one or both ears
-Progressive bilateral hearing loss in general, with high frequency hearing loss manifest in right ear already
a. Triggered by:
-strenuous exercise,
-eating gluten, msg, sugars, milk projects, salty things (but are they really triggers?),
-moving head or jaw too much,
-sudden loud noises that are not nearly intense enough, according to OSHA, to damage hearing (toilet flush, taking shower, piano for 10 seconds, etc etc)
-Sleeping in a weird way or getting too little sleep
-Cold weather
-Changes in pressure resulting from earplugs or external factors
-Anxiety attacks (rare)

4. Middle ear muscle spasms
5. Hyperacusis of varying sorts
6. Distorted hearing

Rest of Head and Body

1. Vertigo, dizziness, and lightheadedness that come in episodes
2. Mild balance disturbances
3. Parasthesias in fingers and feet, but often throughout body
4. Pressure headaches accompanied by random throbbing points across the head. Generally not very painful.
5. Diesel motor in head feeling?
6. Feelings of numbness or some sensation in the back of the neck, along with neck stiffness.
7. Jaw pain and feeling jaw is seemingly out of place but no TMJ!
8. Random aches traveling down one arm at one point, accompanied by shoulder stiffness
9.Dry mouth feeling, but hydrating!
10. A bit of hoarseness, occasional difficulty in speaking clearly, and feelings that tongue and face and throat are swollen.

Psychological and other weird stuff

1.Derealization/depersonalization experiences
2. Depression
5.Fatigue
3. Occasional anxiety attacks
4. Strange visual disturbances
-Sight blindness when things past toward the back of my right side (takes time to recognize what they are and they are often obscured in shadow)
-Spatial perception distortions. Can feel that there is empty space behind me on the right side. Can also feel that objects are not 3-D and do not have any physicality (I could walk right through them)
-Loss of depth perception right eye
-Loss of feeling 'bounded' by objects on all sides of me

Aand that's about it! Long list I know but I am wondering if this points to something! anyone have ideas for what these indicate?

Thanks!!!

Augustus
04-16-2016, 07:52 PM
Dear doggydrule,

I am no doctor. I think you need to see one and maybe a neurologist. I am not going to try to scare you. Some of your symptoms are some of the same symptoms for a brain tumor. Why did I say this, because I have such a tumor. If you check the internet and do some research, you will find that many of your symptoms match the symptoms of a lesion in the brain. Then again, yo may have something entirely different. The best advice is to see a medical doctor and explain your symptoms in detail

Best,

Augustus

azzah80
04-17-2016, 09:22 AM
I thought to post to this board granted that the "ear disorders" board was too specific. If anyone has any insight into a possible condition, or has heard of someone with these issues, please do share with me!!! I really need the help right now!

I am 21 years old, and prior to about August of last year I was incredibly healthy. Then I started getting hearing losses for no good reason on a regular basis, after which I began developing many, many more symptoms over the next few months months.

Judging by my ear symptoms (of a sudden nature) and some of my other symptoms, I believe my problem is vascular in nature, if that leads to any ideas.
I also have mixed, chronic migraine stuff (MAV, basilar), which may themselves account for the symptoms I have. The thing is though, I never got regular migraines (showing symptoms every day) before November of last year, and was completely healthy otherwise! So my thought is something structural or autoimmune in nature that is causing these symptoms!

Anyway, to the symptoms:

Eyes:

-Uvetitis (well, my eyes feel swollen and bloodshot)
---Not caused by allergies!
-Mild sensitivity to bright lights
-Waxing and waning pressure behind the eyes that can hurt
-Flashes, shadows, and little dots that can be black and white in color
-Feelings that the eyes are dry despite frequent hydration
-Visual snow of other qualities
-Occasional episodes of blurred vision

Ears

1. Ear fullness in both ears that comes and goes
2.Tinnitus of all kinds of frequencies,
-but the most eery one is a combination of high end frequencies that sound like the hissing and sparking of downed wires. Those noises come and go all the time.

3. Small bouts of sudden hearing loss daily or weekly, in one or both ears
-Progressive bilateral hearing loss in general, with high frequency hearing loss manifest in right ear already
a. Triggered by:
-strenuous exercise,
-eating gluten, msg, sugars, milk projects, salty things (but are they really triggers?),
-moving head or jaw too much,
-sudden loud noises that are not nearly intense enough, according to OSHA, to damage hearing (toilet flush, taking shower, piano for 10 seconds, etc etc)
-Sleeping in a weird way or getting too little sleep
-Cold weather
-Changes in pressure resulting from earplugs or external factors
-Anxiety attacks (rare)

4. Middle ear muscle spasms
5. Hyperacusis of varying sorts
6. Distorted hearing

Rest of Head and Body

1. Vertigo, dizziness, and lightheadedness that come in episodes
2. Mild balance disturbances
3. Parasthesias in fingers and feet, but often throughout body
4. Pressure headaches accompanied by random throbbing points across the head. Generally not very painful.
5. Diesel motor in head feeling?
6. Feelings of numbness or some sensation in the back of the neck, along with neck stiffness.
7. Jaw pain and feeling jaw is seemingly out of place but no TMJ!
8. Random aches traveling down one arm at one point, accompanied by shoulder stiffness
9.Dry mouth feeling, but hydrating!
10. A bit of hoarseness, occasional difficulty in speaking clearly, and feelings that tongue and face and throat are swollen.

Psychological and other weird stuff

1.Derealization/depersonalization experiences
2. Depression
5.Fatigue
3. Occasional anxiety attacks
4. Strange visual disturbances
-Sight blindness when things past toward the back of my right side (takes time to recognize what they are and they are often obscured in shadow)
-Spatial perception distortions. Can feel that there is empty space behind me on the right side. Can also feel that objects are not 3-D and do not have any physicality (I could walk right through them)
-Loss of depth perception right eye
-Loss of feeling 'bounded' by objects on all sides of me

Aand that's about it! Long list I know but I am wondering if this points to something! anyone have ideas for what these indicate?

Thanks!!!

Please please please go to ER immediately! You could be having a stroke! My daughter just had one a couple of months ago and had very similar symptoms. I don't want to scare you but you need an MRI ASAP. Don't leave it. The pain and pressure behind your eyes could be hydrocephalus (brain swelling). I could be wrong and I hope I am but you need to be on the safe side. My daughter had CVT. Her blood clot was caused by a very common blood disorder factor V and contraceptive pill. Wish you all the best, hope you are okay x