PDA

View Full Version : Fatty stools with orange oil

Kittycat51
05-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Hello, hopefully someone can help me figure out what is going on.
I'm 51 female, I consider myself pretty healthy. The last month or so, I've been having fatty stools with orang oil floating on top. I have lost 10 lbs in the last two months. I also have A LOT of gas.. I do have a dull pain in upper left side under rib. My appetite is the same as usual with no vomiting but often slightly nauseous. I'm am so scared and stressed out that something is terrible wrong. Can anyone help explain this and has anybody experienced the same???

STLouisgal
05-20-2016, 10:07 AM
I've had problems with fatty stools too but don't have pain or nausea. It started 10 years ago after an unwarranted hysterectomy. I had severe diarrhea as well which gradually improved but I still have fatty stools most of the time. Early on, I did a stool test (only one sample) which showed an abnormal level of fat (on a scale of normal, abnormal, grossly abnormal). No other abnormalities were found...no parasites or leukocytes (an indication of infection or inflammation).

I had some tests done through my gastroenterologist for pancreatic insufficiency / pancreatitis (abdominal surgery is one of the causes of pancreatitis), Celiac disease (which can also be triggered by surgery), gallbladder disease and small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). Those were all negative. The next step suggested was a small bowel follow-thru with barium which I have not done nor plan to do at this point.

I hope you can find the cause of yours and get proper treatment especially since you also have pain!