PDA

View Full Version : Pleqse please help Schizophrenia ocd (no triggers) I'm diagnosed with anxiety and OCD

Worrywart82
05-19-2016, 08:57 PM
I was diagnosed with ocd and intrusive thoughts and severe anxiety 10 years ago. Flash forward 12years and I'm back thinking I'm schizophrenic. I have been told by 9 different doctors that I'm npt even close . I just have anxiety and OCD. Please please does anyone have this fear ?

BadMalibu
05-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Hi Worrywart -

You know ocd isn't as much about "what" we obsess about as opposed to the simple fact that we obsess. Those of us with ocd can find ourselves obsessing about anything. Heck I was obsessing over the different tones of lightbulbs a few months back. Alot of us with ocd obsess over mental health issues or our fear of having some kind of serious health concern, and as odd as it may sound we can actually find some solace on the fact that it's ocd and nothing else. Every time I have those types of thoughts I just remind myself, "it's your ocd and not you," and that really helps. Obviously if you're not seeing a cbt or on medication you should look into finding a cbt in your area that specializes in ocd and anxiety disorders.

havehope28
05-31-2016, 11:18 PM
Hi worrywart- Try and take some comfort in the fact that even though you feel you may have schitzophrenia that several doctors have stated that you don't! That's a good thing. One less thing to worry about. I know it's hard to hear things that are opposite than what you are thinking or feeling. Instead focus on things that you do know, how you feel. If you have been diagnosed with ocd and anxiety then hopefully you are seeking treatment. I'm also dealing with ocd and anxiety and it takes a toll on you. I'm finally taking the steps to help get treatment and back on track. I hope this helps you and please keep us updated on your journey! Sending positive thinking your way!