PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss, enlarged inguinal and cervical lymph nodes

Kimberly0624
05-26-2016, 08:03 PM
I'm a 26 year old female. I had a baby last June 2015, I weighed 155. My pre-pregnancy weight was 130, which has been my average since I was 17. I am 5'4".
I keep losing weight despite forcing myself to eat a minimum of 3,000 calories a day.

January 2016- I went to the doctor (I was 109 lbs) for this weight loss issue, she thought I had hyperthyroidism, but my tests were normal.

April 2016- I was 103 lbs. I went to the doctor because I had a bump on my neck. She said it is a swollen posterior lymph node about 1 to 1.5 cm but moves when you push on the side. She checked for other lymph nodes and said I have several in my groin too. She did a blood test checking for lyme disease, std's, hiv, mono, etc and all came back normal.

My cbc was normal except for a slightly low wbc and low platelets with slight elevation in alkaline phosphatase.

End of May 2016- the cervical node is still there, another one is above it and is almost twice the size. I felt the groin nodes, i can feel 4 on each side (8) ans they are hard and one is starting to stick out. The 2 on my neck are visible and one in my groin is extremely visible about 4cm, but it's soft.

My dr doesn't have any answers for me, she is still focusing on the thyroid issue although my tests were normal in January and April. My next appointment isn't until the end of June.

Can anyone relate to these symptoms?