PDA

View Full Version : Fullness/Pressure, Little Appetite, Rapid weight loss

egroll
05-31-2016, 11:17 AM
Hi Everyone.

I've been suffering with some abdominal problems for couple years. It started out as some annoying discomfort after eating some meals. Now in the last 3 months it's gotten progressively much worse and is affecting my life. Below are my symptoms:

Symptoms after eating:
Frequent loud gurgling, rumbling, bubbling noises in abdomen
Burping constantly after eating & after. Later on feel like I need to but can't
Feel stuffed/pressure even though haven't eaten much
Usually lasts 4-6 hours then subsides some

Other:
Feeling of pressure or something squeezing abdomen
Slight nausea pretty much all the time
Dull soreness from bottom of ribcage to just below belly button
Pain when pressing on stomach just under rib cage and around belly button
Occasional sharp abdominal pain
Feel tired all the time
Lack of appetite most of time
Loose stool most of the time
Lower back pain
Rapid weight loss

The thing that concerns me the most right now is the rate I've lost weight. Since I went to the Dr. in April, I've lost 24 pounds in 35 days. I know I'm not eating enough since every time I do I feel sick. I've been tracking my calories with an app and most days I'm eating 1/2-3/4 what I should to maintain my weight. But I don't think this explains the rapid rate I've lost weight.

I've been to the Dr and to a gastroenterologist. I've had a H. pylori test, complete blood test, liver panel, abdominal ultrasound, & upper GI endoscope. Everything has been normal. Now the gastro Dr. says I could try a HIDA scan for gallbladder. No gallstones were seen during the ultrasound. They said my gallbladder has a phrygian cap, which usually causes no problems.

Has anyone been through something similar? Or have any ideas? Thanks.

movielover40
05-31-2016, 01:59 PM
Sounds like you should get a colonoscopy to rule out anything.

Best of luck to you.

egroll
05-31-2016, 02:36 PM
I've thought about that. Actually I've dreaded that. :)

Soulcalibre
05-31-2016, 02:58 PM
While this may not resolve the underlying illness, what works for me is to eat more meals but smaller meals throughout the day. My doctor says this helps with absorption and it has helped me a lot in terms of keeping my energy levels steady and for my digestion.

Titchou
06-01-2016, 05:16 AM
Many of your symptoms are indicative of gb issues. A HIDA scan is definitely in order.

egroll
06-01-2016, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the advise everyone. I was able to move the HIDA scan up to tomorrow. My dad & great uncle have both had their gallbladder taken out. But they both had severe pain which I don't have. Guess I'll see what it shows then go from there.

busymommy
06-05-2016, 07:29 PM
How did you scan go?

egroll
06-05-2016, 08:18 PM
I haven't heard back from them about the results. I'm going to call tomorrow morning if they don't call first. They gave me a hormone to make my gallbladder contract. I had no pain during the scan. Don't know if that means anything or not. Still having all the same problems though. I did find out from my dad this weekend that I have several cousins & a couple aunts with celiac disease. Also my grandma has diverticulitis & my dad was told he has mild diverticulitis.

egroll
06-06-2016, 11:03 AM
My hida scan was normal. Ejection was 70%. I figured it was fine since I've heard that if something is wrong with it, the test is very painful.

movielover40
06-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Glad your test came back normal.

egroll
06-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Glad your test came back normal.
Thanks I really appreciate that.

Just wish i could figure out what's going on. I've been very healthy my whole life until this.

06-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Have your symptoms been improving? I'm about to get an ultrasound and your symptoms sound similar to mine.
I'm having pretty much 0 appetite, mild nausea all the time, and loose stools for at least a month now...

egroll
06-17-2016, 09:07 PM
I guess they've improved a little. I still have zero appetite in the morning. I feel stuffed in the morning even though it's been 10-12 hours since eating. Later in the morning I get hungry. Unusual for me since I used to be really hungry in the morning. I also still have nausea & a lot of gurgling and bubbling in my abdomen every time I eat.

I was recently tested for celiac & it was negative. I've kind of given up for now & will just live with it for awhile. I can't take any more testing right now.

Good luck with your ultrasound. I hope you find out something soon.

sandy67
10-21-2016, 12:03 PM
Have you found out any more?

egroll
10-21-2016, 12:38 PM
Have you found out any more?

Unfortunately not. My problems are still the same but I've decided to just live with it. I'm tired of doctors & doing tests. I had all the test below done and everything was normal:

H. pylori- Negative
Complete Blood Test- Normal
Liver Function Panel- Normal
Upper Abdominal Ultrasound- Normal
Endoscope - Normal
HIDA Scan - Normal
Celiac Panel - Normal
Ct Scan- abdomen & pelvis - Normal
Colonoscopy - Normal

My gastro Dr put me on an antispasmodic med but it didn't help.

The closest condition I've found online to what i have is chronic mesenteric ischemia. Although this almost exclusively occurs in the elderly. I'm 32 so I haven't really pursued this.