PDA

View Full Version : My steps in fighting cholesterol fm young age

Theodore 1979
07-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Newcomer in healthboards.

Theodore 1979
07-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Age: 36 - male For 4 years: no eggs, no sweets, no ice cream, no cheese, red meat once or two times per week, fish 2 times per week, vegetables, light smoker (my bad). Very high family history of cholesterol, no drug statins. Cholesterol always between 240 and 300

Below are my results in 2016.

12 April: Cholesterol 284 mg/dl, ldl 201, hdl 46, triglyc. 187

The same day I started without docs advice Red Yeast Rice 1 tablet 600mg every 2 days, q10, garlic (every day), milk thistle, 20 minutes walking every day.

24 May: Cholesterol 217 mg/dl, ldl 148, hdl 47, triglyc. 110

I continued RYR and also after doctor's advice I included in my diet 3 eggs and 3 yogurts per week. He said that I was losing great vitamins without great reason.

30 June: Cholesterol 198 mg/dl, ldl 131, hdl 55, triglyc. 58

I believe that RYR (statin) makes all the difference. Am I correct;

Checked also my liver's numbers and they were just fine, muscle pain zero to very light.

Should I continue RYR which my doctor does not understand or turn to statin? Are they exactly the same in terms of affecting human body and health?

tess201
07-03-2016, 04:09 AM
Should I continue RYR which my doctor does not understand or turn to statin? Are they exactly the same in terms of affecting human body and health?

Congrats on your numbers!

RYR and pharmaceutical Statins are not the same. Red rice yeast is a natural source of statins in a complex mixture. RYR is much less likely to cause the toxic side-effects so prevalent with statins, which are a single compound. I'm not surprised your doc doesn't understand the RYR supplement. Most have very little training in alternative healing measures and are suspect of anything outside their allopathic purview. The brand you are taking, Nature's Plus, continues to be the best choice for RYR.

Tess

Theodore 1979
07-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Congrats on your numbers!

RYR and pharmaceutical Statins are not the same. Red rice yeast is a natural source of statins in a complex mixture. RYR is much less likely to cause the toxic side-effects so prevalent with statins, which are a single compound. I'm not surprised your doc doesn't understand the RYR supplement. Most have very little training in alternative healing measures and are suspect of anything outside their allopathic purview. The brand you are taking, Nature's Plus, continues to be the best choice for RYR.

Tess

Thnks for the reply,

I corrected my last no. of triglyc. as it was 58 and not 131 as I initially wrote.

RYR I am using is Solgar's.

tess201
07-04-2016, 06:33 AM
Thnks for the reply,
RYR I am using is Solgar's.

You want the Nature's Plus brand - free of citrinin and minimum monaclins.

Tess

Theodore 1979
07-04-2016, 09:23 AM

Tess

Thank you noted.

sy2505
07-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Below are my results in 2016.

12 April: Cholesterol 284 mg/dl, ldl 201, hdl 46, triglyc. 187
24 May: Cholesterol 217 mg/dl, ldl 148, hdl 47, triglyc. 110
30 June: Cholesterol 198 mg/dl, ldl 131, hdl 55, triglyc. 58

Congrats on your results. My nos are similar and hopefully my results could be as good as yours.

My understanding is that RYR will reduce LDL but not HDL and Triglyc. Your results are wonderful.

yackedar
07-06-2016, 10:11 AM

Tess

Actually Tess201, the greater the percentage count of Monacolins the better. The minimum Monacolin content for effective use should be no lower than 6mg. The Nature's Plus product provides 1.7% (10.2mg) per 600mg serving and is one of the superior RYR products produced and available in the USA. Outside of the USA by far superior and effective RYR products are available.

600mg of Nature's Plus RYR is regarded as a maintenance dose. It is recommended to take an initial dose of 1200mg for three months, then have your levels checked. If the results are acceptable, then reduce to 600mg per day.

Yack.

yackedar
07-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Congrats on your results. My nos are similar and hopefully my results could be as good as yours.

My understanding is that RYR will reduce LDL but not HDL and Triglyc. Your results are wonderful.

HDL is usually reduced slightly when digesting cholesterol inhibitors, which also includes many brands of Statin drugs.

Yack.

Theodore 1979
07-07-2016, 01:46 AM
the greater the percentage count of Monacolins the better. The minimum Monacolin content for effective use should be no lower than 6mg. The Nature's Plus product provides 1.7% (10.2mg) per 600mg serving and is one of the superior RYR products produced and available in the USA. Outside of the USA by far superior and effective RYR products are available.

600mg of Nature's Plus RYR is regarded as a maintenance dose. It is recommended to take an initial dose of 1200mg for three months, then have your levels checked. If the results are acceptable, then reduce to 600mg per day.

Yack.

Good day,

more monacolins means more quantity converted to statin.

do we know how much of 10.2mg monacolins turns to statin?

pharmaceutical Statins comes to 5mg, 10 mg up to 40mg. Someone below 45 years old who has never taken statins and has chol. numbers below 300 mg/dl, I believe (just a personal non-doctor opinion) that can start with 5mg of statin per day check after 40 days and if it's not enough then increase the dose, always in cooperation with his doctor.

I did not and I would not start with 1200 mg RYR per day with cholesterol below 300 mg/dl and without any other health problems.

Theodore 1979
07-07-2016, 02:11 AM
Also, as the title of this thread is "My steps in fighting cholesterol fm young age", I want to testify based to my experience that no matter how many hours I used to walk or how many times per month I was eating red-meat (2-3) or if I was taking salmoin oil tabs or Niacin or a combo of Choline, Inositol and L-Methionine, my cholesterol was never below 245 mg/dl.

So, I conluded that cholesterol is generated from my own liver due to family heredity.

Of course If I didn't take above mentioned measures and I was eating saturated fats, ice creams, butter and cakes my Cholesterol would brake the 400mg/dl barrier, but only with RYR I saw numbers below 200mg/dl.

tess201
07-07-2016, 04:19 AM
Hey,

Many of us here have had genetically high cholesterol, including moi. My overall ratio is now 2.1 (low-risk category). I swear by flush niacin for upping HDL, even helps with lowering LDL some. I also think eating low carb is a major factor in good lipid panel results, as well as having many other benefits. The supplement N.A.C supports healthy liver function.

Cheers,

Tess

Theodore 1979
07-08-2016, 07:05 AM
Hey,

Many of us here have had genetically high cholesterol, including moi. My overall ratio is now 2.1 (low-risk category). I swear by flush niacin for upping HDL, even helps with lowering LDL some. I also think eating low carb is a major factor in good lipid panel results, as well as having many other benefits. The supplement N.A.C supports healthy liver function.

Cheers,

Tess

I am 100% with you for low carb eating, even though it's difficult to reduce my consumption of bread and rice. You see, I have replaced cakes, ice creams and other sweets with 2 pcs bread with honey or bread with marmelade with no added sugars and as I am not eating much pork, beef (2-3 serving per month) and fried potatoes (never) etc rice and pasta with boiled fish or vegetables are my only consolation.

For niacin you are most probably right but I prefer to increase my HDL by walking or running instead of taking supplements including salmon oil. I think 55mg/dl are just fine.

tess201
07-08-2016, 08:05 AM
as I am not eating much pork, beef (2-3 serving per month) and fried potatoes (never) etc rice and pasta with boiled fish or vegetables are my only consolation.

Theodore,

Low carb = high protein/low carb. So meat is definitely acceptable with lots of veggies included. Rice and pasta, as you know, are high carb. Once you get to a maintenance place with eating low carb it is fine to slowly, and in small amounts, add some grains. Dairy is fine if you're strict about adhering to low carb; if not, then adding sugars and dairy to carbs would not serve you well and be counterproductive to the low-carb theory.

Tess