PDA

View Full Version : Pure O OCD need some help

helplesshopeful
07-08-2016, 08:36 PM
ok so, the past few months have been really hard, for whatever reason these intrusive thoughts came out of nowhere and have stuck around for as long as i can remember,, they can be thoughts about hurting others around me including family and friends which really makes me worry because i couldn't even imagine doing this a year ago, I dont really know what triggers them but I could be there having a normal conversation sitting next to family and suddenly an image pops into my head of me going apeshit and bashing them or whatever, or i could be in the car and i could have thoughts about pullin up the handbrake or grabbing on to the steering wheel and running it off the road, the messed up thing is the people i have images doing stuff to could be people i come across throughout my daily life, now i've been told by certain people that im not my thoughts and they wouldn't happen and i try telling myself the same thing but then i start questioning it all like what if this is secretly what i want or am i going to end up being psychotic. I am fearing that i'll become someone I'm not. the thing is i dont feel anything when I have these thoughts like i still feel calm but still i dont want them either. has anyone had anything similar? would appreciate the help thanks!

Kara1829
07-11-2016, 06:10 AM
I also suffer from this and it started after watching something bad on the news and took off from there . I highly recommend talking to a therapist or counselor . I found a great therapist and take cymbalta which have helped tremendously . I am a female and have found that my hormones play a role in it too. Bottom line, you are not alone, our brains are constantly kicking out thoughts because that's their job.

helplesshopeful
07-11-2016, 06:48 AM
I also suffer from this and it started after watching something bad on the news and took off from there . I highly recommend talking to a therapist or counselor . I found a great therapist and take cymbalta which have helped tremendously . I am a female and have found that my hormones play a role in it too. Bottom line, you are not alone, our brains are constantly kicking out thoughts because that's their job.
Yeah true it is so ****, like its gotten as bad as me checking google to see what type of symptoms psychosis has which i shouldn't do i know just to check if i have any symptoms, now im freaking out thinking what if i get it,, its like im being too hypervigilant u could say about it i'll see if im hearing things and i'll overthink about things, its ridiculous but the fear is very real :( sorry to hear you're going through the same

baseballbebe
09-14-2016, 09:18 PM
You are 100% not alone. I get intrusive thoughts, too. The more you focus on them, the worse they get. What has helped me a little bit is knowing that EVERYONE gets thoughts of doing horrible things. Everyone. Our minds are powerful things, and whatever is possible to think up, we will think it up. The difference between someone who suffers from OCD and someone who doesn't, is OCD sufferers ruminate and question why the thought came into their head. We overanalyze the reasoning for the thought, when there really was no reason. It was just a passing thought-good, bad, or otherwise.
I agree that hormones play a huge factor for women. The week before my period, I'm WAY more obsessive and worrisome.
Don't feel alone. Try to let the thought go by telling yourself, "it was just a thought, it means nothing."