PDA

View Full Version : Getting back in shape

evgr
07-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Hello, I'm new here.
So, I'm a 22 y.o. male, 130lbs, and for the past 3-4 I've lived a very sedentary life because of school, getting outside very little. I've taken multivitamin/mineral pills every day for the past year and also 2000IU vitamin d3 because I don't go outside much, and also started drinking aloe juice for the health benefits. I eat pretty healthy but I've been trying to walk every day for at least 20 minutes (I know this sounds sad) but when I do at the end my heart rate is around 110bpm. Should I be walking less or more often per day considering 20 minutes is a lot for me? I would like opinions on excersices I should be doing to get back in shape. I'm also a mild hypochondriac so any pain that seems odd freaks me out.
Thanks for any help :)

twincy
12-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Hi, walking is the best exercise to start with. If you haven't worked out in a while. It's better to start with 20 minutes walking everyday. Gradually you can increase your working our time. Do cardio first, to get your body warmed up, then you can start with other exercises. You should consult a trainer who can help you out for your routine according to your body.

SummerWaltz
12-20-2016, 11:17 AM
Walking isn't sad! Bodybuilders and powerlifters do it all the time. I personally used walking as my form of cardio to go from 160lbs -> 130lbs although I was doing incline walking on the treadmill but it was still walking nonetheless.

20 minutes is the bare minimum length since it's low intensity, I personally do 40 minutes everyday. :)

JohnR41
08-19-2017, 03:40 PM
Did someone tell you to take 2000IU of vitamin D3? It seems unnecessarily high. The usual recommendation is from 600IU to 800IU. I take liquid D3 so I can get the dosage I want. 3 drops (with a dropper) gives me 600IU.

Because D3 is fat-soluble, it can build up in your system to a toxic level. With me it only took about a week, and I had to reduce the dosage to 600IU. With some people it could take several months, or it may never cause you a problem.

Too much D3 can cause high blood calcium (hypercalcemia). If you're interested, can find the symptoms online.