PDA

View Full Version : Scared any reply is helpful

kekagel
07-23-2016, 11:24 AM
I posted the other day and got no replies. I'm so scared. I keep having these incredibly horrible thoughts right as I wake up or as I'm trying to fall asleep. The words and phrases vary, but in essence they all say that today is my last day on Earth and when I sleep my life is over. It feels different than OCD. I'm terrified that they'll either actually happen or that I'm heading for a padded room.

I feel alone.

Kara1829
07-24-2016, 06:35 AM
It sounds like you're experiencing pure o ocd which is intrusive thoughts . I have this as well and it can be terrifying . You are not alone , they are just thoughts . I recommend a psychotherapist to start . Talking to a professional is very helpful . I personally take cymbalta , it keeps my serotonin levels where they need to be.

BadMalibu
07-25-2016, 07:47 AM
Hi Kekagel-

Trust me when I say that you're really not alone and there are a lot of us that know exactly how you feel and we're all here to support you. And I agree with Kara, it sounds like you're experiencing some pure-o. Have you considered looking for a therapist in your area that specializes in anxiety disorders and ocd? If you haven't I would recommend you start to look for someone you can talk to. A therapist can really help you develop strategies that will help the symptoms decrease. You may also want to consider trying a light dose of an SSRI or other anti-depressant which can also help. One thing that really helps me is to remind myself that these thoughts are just that; they're just thoughts and they can't hurt you. I know from experience how scary and debilitating the thoughts can be. They can be so scary and so real they can cause panic attacks and physical symptoms which just fuel the pure o even more. I had asked my therapist years ago why it seemed like the intrusive thoughts increased when I would wake up or be getting ready for sleep, and it said it was because our minds are more relaxed during these times and it's easier for our sub-conscious to be more active and for our minds to run away with us. Maybe at night you could try reading or some relaxation techniques, or even some cross word puzzles or word searches may help. It's good to keep your mind occupied because a lot of us (myself included) have excess mental energy. For me if my mind isn't busy it tends to wander and get flooded with intrusive thoughts, so I try to keep myself busy doing anything and everything. Keep yourself busy and see about talking to a licensed CBT.