PDA

View Full Version : Constipation even with high fiber

CCand
08-06-2016, 05:05 AM
Hello! :)

I'm on candida diet now for 3 weeks. I was using on daily basis oregano oil, GSE, Candex, a little of garlic oil, Betaine HCL with meals, Pancreatine, strong probiotics and mixture of fiber (Psyllium, Inulin, Bificol, Oat fiber) 2 big teaspoons every night with 3-4 dcl of water. First 2 weeks was ok despite a few die off symptoms, but my stool was regular without a problem. After 2 weeks until now I have a constipation with daily abdominal pain and not sure what to do when it looks like even fiber is not helping. I stopped taking antifungals after this so now Im just on Betaine HCL, Pancreatine, probiotics and fiber.

Is there anyone who knows what can be the cause of this?
Thank you very much for any response. :)

flipfleury
08-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Hello! :)

I'm on candida diet now for 3 weeks. I was using on daily basis oregano oil, GSE, Candex, a little of garlic oil, Betaine HCL with meals, Pancreatine, strong probiotics and mixture of fiber (Psyllium, Inulin, Bificol, Oat fiber) 2 big teaspoons every night with 3-4 dcl of water. First 2 weeks was ok despite a few die off symptoms, but my stool was regular without a problem. After 2 weeks until now I have a constipation with daily abdominal pain and not sure what to do when it looks like even fiber is not helping. I stopped taking antifungals after this so now Im just on Betaine HCL, Pancreatine, probiotics and fiber.

Is there anyone who knows what can be the cause of this?
Thank you very much for any response. :)
Sometimes when you increase your fiber by a large amount over a too short of a time period your body doesn't adjust to the new regiment. Maybe back off on the high fiber diet and slowly over a course of a two week period slowly increase your fiber intake but make sure you're drinking at least 64 oz. of water every day to help move the fiber along the digestive tract so it doesn't sit there and become hard. Sometimes taking a walk after meals for at least 20 minutes will help move the stool quicker through the intestines and you will have a bowel movement soon afterwards. I have never actually tried this but I have learned from this site that some people take two tablespoons of olive oil every night before bed and it help them to move their bowels a lot easier the next morning.
I used to have chronic constipation problems up until four years ago, when I found on the internet a bowel program I put into place the next day. It took about a week for my body to adjust to the program and once it did, I was able to move my bowels a least once daily and sometimes twice.
This is the routine I followed daily to get my bowels to move on a regular basis without using enemas or stimulant laxatives.
1) I sat on the toilet for at least 30 minutes every morning at the same time.
2) I used slow deep breathing exercises to help me relax and my bowel to start peristalsis on their own. If it didn't work then I would use a glycerin suppository to help me to go without forcing and straining. I only had to use the suppository maybe three days in a row and then my body started peristalsis on it's own with the deep breathing exercises.
3) I slowly increased my fiber intake to 25-30 grams a day and drinking 64 oz. of water a day.
4) I put 2 teaspoons of ground flax seed in my oatmeal every day and ate 6 stewed apricots or prunes every day.
5) I used Citrucel in he am and pm.
6) At least 2 servings of fruit or vegetables high fiber at lunch and dinner.
7) I don't allow myself to go more than 36 hours without having moved my bowels, because if I do then it hurts really bad to go after that. I use only glycerin suppository to help me move my bowels if I haven't after 36 hours. No pushing,straining or forcing to go. This only makes you a candidate for anal fissures and hemorrhoids.
I am able to say I no longer struggle with chronic constipation issues now I like I did for so many years. I hope some or all this will help you like it has for me.