PDA

View Full Version : How to Gain Weight?

ArtLady1
08-12-2016, 09:11 AM
I have IBS-C, and the problem I am having is this: I feel full and bloated in the evenings. My BM's are improving with the use of 1 TBSP. M.O.M. in the evenings... it is old fashioned, but it works. I have had every test possible, so nothing is wrong...just IBS!

That being said, I don't have a great appetite since I feel full a lot of the time, and gassy. It is difficult for me to consume enough calories.

Does anyone know of a protein-calorie powder that actually tastes good?
I have been using Carnation Breakfast Essentials (formerly Instant Breakfast)
Lactose free ice cream and lactose free milk. But I am looking for more ideas. My muscle mass is decreasing and I really need help.

I appreciate your help.

movielover40
08-12-2016, 02:24 PM
You should eat something like olive oil right out of the bottle during your meal.

Swallow a couple tablespoons during your meal. I wouldn't take it by itself might not taste too good.

Sonicnewboy
12-10-2016, 09:17 AM
That's funny, I was about to suggest Carnation Breakfast Essentials until I realized you already posted. I drink it too, the chocolate flavored kind.

I find that most protein powders with chocolate in them taste just fine when mixed with milk. I sometimes even put in some chocolate Nesquik for extra chocolatey flavor.