PDA

View Full Version : Three weeks of nausea and vomiting

gloaming
09-21-2016, 05:29 PM
I have no clue what's going on. One night, about three weeks ago, I woke up with vomiting, and it's been going on ever since. Sometimes I just have incredibly intense nausea, sometimes I vomit all day long, and occasionally I have a few hours where I'm totally fine.

What I eat seems to have nothing to do with it. From saltines to green chile, the food is fine. It's when I try to ingest liquids that everything comes up--even just a few ounces of water or ginger ale and I'm hugging the toilet bowl within a few minutes.

I've been to urgent care, and they gave me IV fluids and prescribed a short course of Zofran, which was a life-saver. For four days I was completely fine. I'm out of it, though, and my appointment with my primary isn't for a couple more days.

I have been diagnosed with GERD and take 20mg of omeprazole daily. This definitely does NOT feel like GERD. My bowel habits haven't changed a bit, and I haven't seen blood in either my vomit or my stool. No sex in seven months, and several negative pregnancy tests, so that's not it either.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm dehydrated and losing weight like crazy (1.5 lbs today alone). This has to stop!!!

movielover40
09-22-2016, 09:34 AM
I would go to a Gastroenterologist and get checked for H. pylori infection.

Also try taking antacids, Zantec at bedtime, continue taking the PPI along with these.

Best of luck to you.

gloaming
09-22-2016, 10:13 AM
Wow, thanks! I googled H. pylori, and the symptoms were so familiar. I'll definitely follow up on this! :)

cantaloupe
11-07-2016, 02:51 AM
Wow, thanks! I googled H. pylori, and the symptoms were so familiar. I'll definitely follow up on this! :)

Hey gloaming, have you found any answers or relief yet? Would love to know what happened as Im having similar problems, although I rarely vomit I feel a lot like Im just about to.