PDA

View Full Version : Hi!I'm new here ...

Kay Em
10-10-2016, 04:59 AM
I am 46 and had a heart attack a few weeks ago. I am overweight but have been shedding the kilos since then. My lipid profile is as follows:

Serum Cholesterol: 275 (Max 200)
Serum Triglyceride:135 (40-170)
HDL: 62 (Max 75)
LDL: 186 (Max 165)
VLDL: 27 (Max 30)

(All Values mg/dl)

My cardiologist put me on ATORVA 40. My question is, how do I maintain my HDL while lowering my LDL?

welderguy
10-27-2016, 12:40 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 34, and had a "heart attack"... although I sustained no heart damage. I was having some chest pains, ekg looked good... troponin was elevated to a 0.4 so they decided to do the angiogram which showed a 60-70% blockage in the LAD artery. Stent was placed.

As far as cholesterol, mine was:

LDL- 170
HDL- 41
Triglycerides- 204

I was put on atorvastatin 40mg and after just 4 weeks my numbers were:

LDL- 60
HDL- 34
Triglycerides- 94

As you can see, my numbers came down, but so did my HDL. I've been running and exercising a lot over the last three weeks and eating a strict diet... hopefully that raises my HDL on next check up.

Did you have a stent placed?

zoz
11-01-2016, 03:20 AM
Hey Kay Em,
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but you will need to eat foods higher in mono- and polyunsaturated fats. Lessen the amounts of saturated fats in your diet, by eating plant based oils (almond, olive, peanut oil) and fish. Replace your butter with olive oil spread for example.
Exercise is also a natural way to lower your LDL cholesterol levels.
All the best with lowering your cholesterol levels!