PDA

View Full Version : Was just told I have high cholesterol

Renatha
01-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Hi , had a visit to the doctor were they send me tondo a blood test and the result came back as , HDL 49.9. LDLC 144.6 triglycerides. 143.3. VLDL 29 and cholesterol at 239.6 do I need to worry . can u advices me on what to do ..thanks

Homeflash
04-13-2017, 01:07 PM
do you have high blood pressure? your numbers are similar to mine.. borderline...If you dont have high blood pressure.. no need to worry too much, yet be careful what you eat.. my suggestion (although i can't do it myself)
1. Cut meats
2. exercise
3. Take supplements - Currently i'm taking ... Milk Thistle, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Artichoke, fiber psyllium husks - little of each one.. (used to take fish oil, didnt seem to help)

Titchou
04-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Was this a fasting blood test? If not,then the numbers are useless. Even if it was,these numbers aern't that bad...just adjust your diet and exercise. Try more fish than meat - theMediterranean diet is excellent.

tess201
04-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Hi,

My advice would be to exercise, definitely, but cut the carbs: potatoes, rice, chips of any kind, surgary things like soda's and such. You can do research and look for low carb foods. This is proven to effect a change in the lipid profile.

Down the line if you are interested you could also do OTC supplements to raise your HDL and lower your LDL.

Best,

Tess

rebecca70
04-13-2017, 09:22 PM
Hi , had a visit to the doctor were they send me tondo a blood test and the result came back as , HDL 49.9. LDLC 144.6 triglycerides. 143.3. VLDL 29 and cholesterol at 239.6 do I need to worry . can u advices me on what to do ..thanks

You can use red yeast rice and polycosinal,both of which are supplements found where vitamins are sold. The red yeast rice should be standardized.