PDA

View Full Version : crazy obsessive thought

gnispsed1
02-19-2017, 07:41 AM
Hi,

Last night I had a weird dream about eating batteries (I know, what the heck) and ever since I woke up I can't get the thought of eating batteries out of my head. I don't recall ever eating a battery, but am now doubting myself whether I actually have or really want to eat one. I am still very new to this OCD thing since I just got diagnosed last week by my psychologist. Are there any ways to either control these thoughts or to avoid letting them get into my head? Also, I know that people can obsess about the craziest things, but I still feel really weird for having this particular dream. :confused:

Thank you in advance

Saramp54
02-19-2017, 03:08 PM
Don't let a label or new diagnosis of being OCD get in the way of your own mind! You'll be ok. Think of the consequences of batteries!

MSNik
02-20-2017, 02:37 PM
I think the diagnosis is probably putting ideas into your head and maybe even scaring you. You know that eating a battery would probably kill you and at the very least do terrible things to your insides...so please dont eat the battery!

As for the OCD on the subject; talk to your doctor about it. I am sure he or she can give you some exercises to do to help you dismiss these ideas, but since you are dx with OCD, for now, you have to tell yourself that you didnt eat a battery (you would be sick) and you dont want to eat a battery (it might kill you) and this was just a dream. Keep telling yourself that.

Give your doctor's office a call and ask them to schedule an appt sooner than your next appt was supposed to be so that you can discuss this with someone who can really assist you. In the meantime, it really was just a dream! Keep telling yourself that!