PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness, pain and tingling

Alex240781
05-25-2017, 06:30 AM
Hi all,
Just looking for some advice/support from others who may be experiencing similar.

Started noticing a tingling sensation in my feet/toes a few weeks ago. This comes and goes. It can also appear in my left hand but less frequently. I am also having pain in my arms and legs, which again comes and goes. I have an almost constant feeling of dizziness.
I've been to the GP and had a full blood count. I had slightly elevated protein and platlet count. GP is going to do repeat bloods in 4 weeks.
He is referring me to a neurologist and as I understand, there can be a long wait dependant upon hospital.
Googling symptoms is making me very worried and anxious 😓
I am a 35 year old female.
Xxx

MSNik
05-25-2017, 09:41 AM
Hi there. Whatever you do , dont look up symptoms! It will only scare you.

The symptoms you describe could be neurological, but they could also be from something as simple as a pinched nerve. My onset symptom was tingling in my left hand which started out off and on and then spread to all the time. Shortly after, it started in my toes and feet.
I went to my doctor thinking pinched nerve, but was referred to a neurologist and within 24 hours had my MRI...it was then that I found out I had Multiple Sclerosis. Terrifying as that sounds, fast forward 12 years. I have never missed a day of work, have gotten 3 degrees in college, and have raised my kids. If I didnt tell you I had MS, you would never know. Its an invisible disease.

Dont freak out. Whatever it is, you will deal with it when you get the facts. In the meantime please know that stress, heat and too much exercise can aggravate your symptoms; however Exercise IS important. Walk! Dont overdo it. But get your body moving! Also try to get some extra sleep and eat right...let us know what happens when you see the Neuro.

Alex240781
05-25-2017, 11:23 AM
Thank you so much for your reply! Its resssuring to hear from someone who has experienced something similar.
My problem is, I always forcus on worst case scenario...and get terrified that I'm going to die. I need to stop googling! I'm waiting for a call back from my GP to see if he can prescribe something for my anxiety whilst I'm waiting for the appt to come through xxx