PDA

View Full Version : Help MRI results Cervical Spine, in lamens terms (How bad is it?)

keifer76
05-28-2017, 01:15 PM
Technique: Sagital T1, T2, and STIR and axial T2 and T2 GRE sequences were aquired through the cervical spine.

Findings: No cerebellar herniation is appreciated. There are no intra medullary spinal cord lesions.

C2-3: There is no evidence of disc herniation, canal stenosis, or neural foraminal enchroachment.

C3-4: A 1 mm right posterolateral disc protrusion/herniation is present with mild right neural foraminal narrowing. There is no thecal sac stenosis or left nueral foraminal enchroachment.

C4-5: A broad 1 mm disc protrusion/herniation is appreciated with mild bilateral neural foaminal narrowing, left greater than right. There is no thecal sac stenosis.

C5-6: A broad 1 mm disc protrusion/herniation is present with no thecal sac stenosis or nueral foraminal enchroachment

C6-7: There is a broad 1 mm disc protrusion/herniation with a 3 mm left paracentral component, which extrudes 2mm inferiorly. There is mild thecal sac stenosis and mild left neural foraminal narrowing. The right neural foramen is patent.

C7-T1: There is no evidence of disc herniation, canal stenosis, or neural foraminal enchroachment.

Impression:
1.C2-3, C7-T1: Normal

2. C3-4: 1 mm right posterolateral disc protrusion/herniation is present with mild right neural foraminal narrowing.

3. C4-5: broad 1 mm disc protrusion/herniation is appreciated with mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing, left greater than right.

4. C5-6: broad 1 mm disc protrusion/herniation.

5. C6-7: broad 1 mm disc protrusion/herniation with a 3 mm left paracentral component, which extrudes 2mm inferiorly. There is mild thecal sac stenosis and mild left neural foraminal narrowing

MSNik
05-28-2017, 04:01 PM
Basically what it says is that from C-3 to C-7 you have herniated discs. They are not very far off....which is good,....did you talk to your doctor yet? He or she may suggest PT for now to see if that helps you.

Disc herniation's do not always mean surgery...I live with 2 herniation's on C-3, C-4. I get random pain from it, but I am never going to commit to surgery! I go through times when the pain is really bad and times when it really doesnt bother me...when its really bad, I work out and get massages and PT (physical therapy).
Whatever you do, I would suggest you not get a massage or see a Physical therapist or chiropractor UNTIL you speak with your physician and they okay it...sometimes, it can make things worse.

Hope that helps.