PDA

View Full Version : Constant discomfort

Nythfa
05-31-2017, 02:03 AM
Suffering for the past 12 months with chronic burning and discomfort in my upper chest area - initially just during the night but now during the day. Not necessarily having reflux symptoms but food seems to get stuck after I've eaten causing a lump feeling rather like an elastic band tightening. Had a fall a year ago which seemed resulting in being winded and gradually these stomach symptoms have appeared. Had two endoscopes and now a ph test. Been diagnosed with a hernia but told it shouldn't cause a problem. Could this be the cause of my discomfort - every day is a struggle and am having difficulty enjoying life in constant discomfort with little sleep.

mtfksb
09-16-2017, 06:38 AM
I don't see any responses ...I have the same thing and doctors do not seem to know why. I also have Gerd and EOE . Your swallowing issues may be EOE although a scope should have given you those results. I have found relief swallowing Gaviscon before bed and sometimes I have to take another dose during the night but it does help me sleep. Do you have your gallbladder? One doctor told me it might be bile coming up and bringing on the night burn. Although I have it during the day as well just worse at night. Also I sleep on an elevated mattress. Good luck and let me know if you find anything that works. I also have eliminated gluten, dairy, eggs, chicken, soy, nuts and shellfish but no better.

Jintman
09-25-2017, 09:55 AM
I suffer on and off. When its on, im in constant pain along with headache,nausea and anxiety.

I find that aloe vera juice gives quick relief but only for a little while. When you are suffering immensely, put a spoonful of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it quick. It tastes horrible but will help. Thats all i got. Hope it helps because I understand your suffering

saintj
11-19-2017, 07:21 PM
I suffer on and off. When its on, im in constant pain along with headache,nausea and anxiety.

I find that aloe vera juice gives quick relief but only for a little while. When you are suffering immensely, put a spoonful of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it quick. It tastes horrible but will help. Thats all i got. Hope it helps because I understand your suffering
I used to use Aloe Vera for gastric reflux - fortunately the GERD stopped after about a year. Now its nausea after eating which just ruins my entire day. To stop this I drink about 6 oz of diet Canada Dry (with real ginger) Ale. It works for me in about 20 min - nausea all gone until next meal.

Good Luck