PDA

View Full Version : Doc thinks it a Sjogrens

djl
07-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Hi Everyone
I have been dealing with "symptoms " for a few years now. Maybe starting 4 years ago? Not really positive exactly when.
I started with Dry Eyes all of a sudden. Then I was Diagnosed with Hypothyroid put on Synthroid. I have had Fibromyalgia since around 2007.
I do get dry mouth and recently dealing with severe Vaginal Atrophy which was so bad my Gyno thought I could have Lichen Sclerosis and now to add to this mix a Blocked Mucus Gland in my lowere lip that keeps coming back.
Looks like my Rhumy had suspicions about Sjogrens a couple years ago and did Bloodwork and all was normal. He doing a series of bloods again and did mention that only about 40-50% of bloods come back positive and if mine isn't it doesn't mean I don't have it.
God I need another vacation. Oh also for a few years also dealing with severe dry feet to the point the sole if my feet crack and bleed.
Does this sound like Sjogrens?
I'm so frustrated

stedwell
07-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Hi,
Thought I would post as I am currently awaiting a second set of blood tests as my first set a few years ago did not prove conclusive. Since then my symptoms have got much worse.

I do think your symptoms sound like sjogrens. Do let me know how your blood tests turn out.

I understand how frustrated you feel. I have been feeling unwell for about 6 years now.

djl
07-15-2017, 01:46 PM
Hi Thanks for responding.
What are your symptoms?
I know my doc said only 40-50 percent of Bloodwork can cone back positive and if mine doesn't it doesn't mean I don't have it.
I also have Fibro and was on Savella. But since I have all these increased symptoms including OA he is weening me off of Savella and putting me on Cymbalta.
Are you on anything?
Please also keep me updated on your results.
Deb

prizm 2000
07-18-2017, 06:38 AM
Have you had a saliva gland biopsy to confirm sjogren's? You describe all the symptoms. The sooner you can confirm diagnosis, the sooner your rheumatologist can help you with meds. Mine put me on pilocarpine and plaquenil. They help tremendously.

djl
07-18-2017, 06:55 AM
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I saw my Periadontist yesterday and he said I have to go to an Oral Surgeon due to my Mucus Gland or what he wrote down for my referral as a Mucocoele if I read his hand writing correctly.
I'm calling the Surgeon today.
Is this Mucocole the Gland?