PDA

View Full Version : symptoms of no appetite, pain, nausea, please help!

kris85
07-25-2017, 01:36 AM
Hi all,

Just after some info! Hope this is the right section of the bored for this.

I'm a 32yr old female and basically for the past almost 18 months I've been having some crappy symptoms. Main symptoms are lack of appetite, extra gassy as well as some pain/pressure in my pelvic area (possibly due to gas maybe??). I also sometimes get bloating and some nausea (never felt the need to vomit though). It tends to come and go, sometimes sticking around for weeks on end.

Anyhow, have been trying to figure out with my dr what the heck is going on and after having a clear abdominal ct, normal bloods etc, I finally had a gastroscopy and colonoscopy.

They firstly found two small polyps from my colonoscopy, they think (and I certainly hope) they are benign but are waiting for results. The dr said it was rare for people my age but didn't elaborate past that (and I am healthy otherwise).

They also found a small sliding hiatus hernia and 'mild erythematous gastritis'

I am having a follow up in a few weeks for results but he told me on the spot that these findings wouldn't be causing my symptoms.

Sooo.. as much as I trust dr's I also know they can be wrong or be very 'textbook' sometimes, so my question is can these things be causing my symptoms from other peoples experience? I really need answers - as a mother of 2 it is really affecting my life and I just need to know why this is happening!! I think my dr is starting to think I'm a hypochondriac :(

Sorry for the long post, and would appreciate any input!

Thank :)

Jade73
07-29-2017, 01:27 PM
Have you tried doing a parasite cleanse? I was diagnosed with IBS for years and nothing they did helped me. I took a 30-day parasite cleanse adn my IBS just disappeared! I used Kroeger's Wormwood Combo, took two bottles of it for 30 days. It's all herbal, very safe. It's worth a shot.

Titchou
07-30-2017, 09:30 AM
Kind of a long shot but some of the symptoms line up = maybe try a HIDA Scan for gallbladder function? Below 35% and above 75% is considered nonfunctioning.

someofusrbrave
08-02-2017, 12:23 AM
I've got similar symptoms. You're not alone.
Just a thing to keep in mind--docs often discount women's complaints of pain, especially if there is no answer immediately forthcoming. But there are stories of women who have cancer or other serious issues that are diagnosed years after the women try to get help, because the doc never took them seriously.

Kelley
08-02-2017, 06:56 AM
Hi hope I can help I just went through 9 months of hell like this. When I was losing so much weight. I had no appetite and I was trying to put weight on. I couldn't move my bowels at times. I had cramps all the time I wasn't feeling well. It ended up I had a small hernia which they couldn't see. The could feel it a little. I had a hi anal hernia. But because I had so many previous surgeries I was covered in scar tissue. And not just because of previous surgeries. I had endometriosis when I was younger before my two children. Which was causing all my problems and I was in so much pain from that. So the other day when I saw my surgeon. He had told me that I was a lucky woman because I couldn't ended up with an intestinal block because I was so covered in scar tissue. And that the next time I end up in this pain it could be five years from now or longer. That I make sure that the doctors listen to me when I ask them to do a laparoscopy. It took me nine months. To tell them to stop doing CT scans. And stop telling me that there's nothing wrong with me. And just help me get out of this pain and move on with my life. I was back to work in a week. Good luck to you
Just after some info! Hope this is the right section of the bored for this.

I'm a 32yr old female and basically for the past almost 18 months I've been having some crappy symptoms. Main symptoms are lack of appetite, extra gassy as well as some pain/pressure in my pelvic area (possibly due to gas maybe??). I also sometimes get bloating and some nausea (never felt the need to vomit though). It tends to come and go, sometimes sticking around for weeks on end.

Anyhow, have been trying to figure out with my dr what the heck is going on and after having a clear abdominal ct, normal bloods etc, I finally had a gastroscopy and colonoscopy.

They firstly found two small polyps from my colonoscopy, they think (and I certainly hope) they are benign but are waiting for results. The dr said it was rare for people my age but didn't elaborate past that (and I am healthy otherwise).

They also found a small sliding hiatus hernia and 'mild erythematous gastritis'

I am having a follow up in a few weeks for results but he told me on the spot that these findings wouldn't be causing my symptoms.

Sooo.. as much as I trust dr's I also know they can be wrong or be very 'textbook' sometimes, so my question is can these things be causing my symptoms from other peoples experience? I really need answers - as a mother of 2 it is really affecting my life and I just need to know why this is happening!! I think my dr is starting to think I'm a hypochondriac :(

Sorry for the long post, and would appreciate any input!

Thank :)[/QUOTE]

someofusrbrave
08-04-2017, 07:25 PM
You know what, the idea of scar tissue makes a lot of sense. I had eating disorders for years, ulcers, and then threw up for a year without meaning to because my system was so messed up. Could be tons of scar tissue for me.