PDA

View Full Version : Gallbladder attack seems to have moved to include my kidneys

Jade73
07-29-2017, 01:32 PM
I have an appt. with the gastro doc the middle of next month, but I just wanted to ask if anyone has had this happen.

I had a horrible attack that seemed to indicate gallstones. I can actually feel something that feels like pebbles under my skin on that side where my gallbladder is. I did some research and started on a low-fat diet, which seemed to help a lot. Today, the pain is still in my gallbladder area, but has now also moved down to feel more like kidney pain. It's like I hurt from under my armpit down to my groin area.

Can gallstones alone cause this? I've had kidney problems in the past, but nothing like this. It was usually just a small stone passing or an infection before. This is really bad. I have a heating pad on it right now, and it's still hurting.

Titchou
07-29-2017, 02:36 PM
Many people report pain in the lower back and shoulder areas as well. Sounds like you need it out.

MSNik
07-29-2017, 02:48 PM
I really dont think you can feel gallstones by touch. They show up on an ultrasound.
I recently suffered insane pain which was all over my abdomen. I thought it might be kidney stones or gallstones..

I had neither as seen on an ultrasound and MRI. What they did find was that my cystic duct, the duct which leads from the intestine to the gallbladder was completely rotten, gangrene actually. My gallbladder was not functioning and this led to a small part of my liver being sick as well.

I had my gallbladder, cystic duct and a tiny piece of my liver removed and fast forward 3 months later, I am 100% out of pain!

You really want to have your GI doctor do all the tests for your gallbladder. Insist on a HIDA scan and ask about an ultrasound!

Good luck!