PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Abuse the Frontrunner

Ceejayee
07-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Please help........I'm despairing here. My mum is 64 years old, and on top of a long list of psychiatric problems, she has now decided to add alcohol abuse into the mix. She literally finished a 6 week stint as an informal inpatient, this Tuesday, and after some probing questions from me, she admitted she has already drunk three times. Our conversation yesterday was trying to say the least, given that she was under the influence. My uncle said he had to cancel her credit card because she lost her purse, and he has also just told me he is paying her rent. I just don't know what to do anymore. Any pointers anyone?

yayagirl
07-15-2018, 04:37 PM
Dear Ceejayee,

The only solution for addicts that I know of is to stop bailing them out and helping them. She absolutely has to feel the pain and make her own decision to stop.

If someone is paying her rent while she drinks alcohol, it appears that she knows how to game everyone. Where does her money go and for that matter where does it come from? She isn't so crazy that she can't game all of you.

I'm sorry that you have this to deal with. :(