PDA

View Full Version : Mri

zipster
12-14-2018, 11:20 AM
Just had another brain mri and the conclusion was "appears that there are 2 pathologies with the demyelinating lesions and infarcts suggestive of a peripheral embolic occlusion" Any ideas what this means?

MSNik
12-14-2018, 12:31 PM
Hi Zipseter, Demylinating lesions are when the protective coating of the nerves, the myelin sheath, is damaged. This can happen from a stroke or from Multiple Sclerosis.

Infarcts are dead tissue and can result in peripheral embolic occlusion which is the results of an embolism.

What did your doctor say? This needs to be further examined. Did a neurologist order these tests and do you have an appointment to go back and see the ordering doctor in the near future?
I would give them a call and ask about follow up.

zipster
12-14-2018, 12:41 PM
Ive been referred back to the neurologist. I had a spinal tap 5 years ago that was normal.

MSNik
12-14-2018, 12:44 PM
5 years ago means nothing Zipster. A spinal tap and an MRI can change from week to week....however, your MRI suggests that something was going on. I know we spoke a year ago about this- looks like something is finally showing up or you finally got the right tests!

Please make that appointment with the neuro and let us know how it goes!