PDA

View Full Version : tiny spot on the side of my nose

Laura789
02-14-2019, 11:24 AM
I have a tiny spot on the side of my nose diagnosed as basal cell and have been referred to a dermatologist who does mohs. I am concerned I may need a plastic surgeon after it is removed.

JohnR41
02-14-2019, 01:44 PM
My father was diagnosed with cancer on the tip of his nose and had it removed. It wasn't at all noticeable. If it's just a "tiny spot" like my father had, it's very possible that you won't need a plastic surgeon.

Laura789
02-14-2019, 04:10 PM
That's good to hear. My dermatologist was telling me how they can pull skin from nearby to cover. It made me a bit nervous.

glycoman
02-14-2019, 08:09 PM
I had mohs done 4 years ago on the outside nostril area; it healed just fine and you can't really see it; it was squamous too! I have CLL and we are prone to skin cancers too! Light skinned and Irish heritage hasn't helped over the years as I see my dermatologist every six months and he zaps spots on face, arms, etc.! I am 67 and still am told my skin looks decent!!!

Laura789
02-14-2019, 10:33 PM
Thanks. I appreciate that. I have been lax about seeing a dermatologist after losing the one I had and liked so well. I finally got some good recommendations and intend to see this one regularly.