PDA

View Full Version : foggy/cloudy head

seattle31
11-29-2001, 10:21 AM
Has anyone experienced a sort of foggy/cloudy feeling in their head due to allergies? It's not dizziness, and it's focused more or less between my eyes and forehead. My doctors say it's allergies, but none of the allergie medications I've been taking seem to help at all. Even the nasal sprays don't clear up my blocked passages. I also had a sinus CT done and they said it's pretty clear. I just know my imagination gets the best of me and I'm thinking it's something worse, especially since the medications don't seem to be working. I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same things? And where do I go from here?

ny01
11-29-2001, 01:44 PM
I'm right there with you! I have had the exact same symptoms for the last 4 months. It is pure hell! You feel like you are slightly drugged. I have been to an ENT, neurologist and GP to no avail. I have tried all the medications for allergies, including Chlor-trimeton which one guy here touts. But nothing has helped. If you get any relief, please let me know. I am so frustrated by this foggy drowsiness.

grillo7
11-29-2001, 05:05 PM
I've had the exact same sensations...so far, I think my doctor thinks I'm a nutcase, but I know something is going on. Do you also have nasal congestion, or do you feel more fatigued than usual? Check out the Inner Ear Disorders board here...A LOT of people there are experiencing this, whatever it is.

kristopher
11-30-2001, 08:30 AM
i love you guys...i guess i'm not alone here. Seattle and the rest of you, i also have been in this boat for a while. I feel totally disconnected and i feel like this foggy feeling is leading to depression. I think it would take superman to counteract the depression right now. I know that my ears are always full and this could be the reason for my foggy head. Do any of you have full ears? I'm currently trying to find something natural b/c i'm sure my prostate is hating me for all the decongestants that ive been surviving on. I hope you guys can escape the madness...kris

seattle31
11-30-2001, 09:59 AM
Well I went to the ears, nose, throat doctor yesterday and he pretty much said that I'm completely blocked up in my nasal area so he gave me a steroid called Methylprednisolone. He said it takes awhile to take affect so we will see. What is strange about this whole thing is my nasal passages have been blocked up all summer, but it wasn't until the day I picked up my new car that all of a sudden I felt like I was getting a cold, but it never progressed into a cold. Why did it hit so suddenly? My back and joints have been achy at times too, like I have a bit of the flu, but it really hasn't incapacitated me in any way, it's more of an annoyance. It could be completely unrelated, but who knows. My ears don't feel "full" but they have been popping. So has anyone else felt flu-like?

kristopher
11-30-2001, 10:14 AM
hey seattle...acheyness definitely goes hand and hand with sinus trouble. I don't know why when sinus cavities get full, acheness can be a symptom. For the past 2 days i thought that i was getting the flu. Keep me informed on how the shot works for you.

seattle31
11-30-2001, 10:18 AM
It's actually not a shot. It's an oral steroid. He wants me to keep using rinocort (sp) too. I don't know about you, but the thought of all this stuff that's going in my body...I just hate it. Sometimes the side effects are worse than they symptoms, ya know?

ny01
11-30-2001, 04:42 PM
Let us know how it goes? I believe you can only take Prednisone for a short period as it has nasty long term side effects. Good luck Seattle and keep us updated. I went to my ENT today and he is convinced it is either an allergy or acid reflux (as my throat also seems to be a bit red). He put me on more acid reducers and I will get an allergy skin test done in 1 week as well as an MRI of my cervical neck. Also Kristopher watch out on the decongestants, because I was on them daily for 3 months and my prostate did get swollen for a month as a result. This is all so frustrating, but maybe one of us will find the cure and will help all the rest. Have a good weekend everyone!!

grillo7
12-01-2001, 12:19 AM
Hey Kris...I've got the full ears too, that's one of the main things. Does it ever feel full in your head too? There's a ton of other symptoms that seem to go along with this...it's really driving me crazy because I can't figure out what causes it, and it never goes completely away...I know exactly what you mean about the depression because it makes me feel like I'm watching life go by or something...

kristopher
12-02-2001, 01:09 PM
Hey grillo...do the full ears give you kind of a spacey, disoriented feeling? I also feel like i suffer from a lack of concentration during conversations. I'm currently trying different things like: Prescription decongestants, capsicum capsules, a natural product called "clear ear", and zicam. I have some good and bad days; however, most of them bad. Let's keep on plugging and keep me informed.

kris

grillo7
12-04-2001, 03:06 AM
Hey Kris...again, exactly the same. What did your doctor say? Mine prescribed a steroid nasal spray to see how that worked (did nothing) and followed up with blood work which showed nothing. So...I'm scheduled for more testing in January, checking out my sinuses and inner ear...What are all your symptoms? I have the following with this:
Disconnected/Spacey/High/Depersonalised Feeling
Pressure and Fullness in Head
Pressure and Fullness in Ears
Occasional Headache
Occasional Earaches
Lightheadedness and Dizziness
Weakness During and After Activity/Exercise
Nasal Congestion
Sore Neck
Cracking or Popping Noises in Neck
Memory Loss
Fatigue
Can't Find the Right Words in Conversation or follow conversation well
Can't focus my eyes on one thing only
One Pupil Larger than the Other in Dim Light
Occasional Ringing in Ears
Decreased Sensation/Numbness in Parts of Body
Troubled Sleep

The symptoms seem to cycle, some are better or gone one day, and then return worse than ever the next. It's unpredictable. One connection I've noticed is that exercise seems to make all the symptoms worse.

kristopher
12-04-2001, 08:30 PM
Hey Grillo 7, I get most of those symptoms as well. The only one that i probably don't get is trouble sleeping. Usually by the end of the day, aside from my full time school and work schedule, my sinus problem has me worn completely out. I definitely get the pupil thing. One symptom that really scares me is difficulty concentrating...especially during conversation; i tend to blank out a lot. Normally, i'm considered a pretty good listener. Also, lately i've been having some unusual discomfort in my sinuses...i wonder if this could be nasal polyps. Like you, i need to get x-rays done and have my inner ear checked out.
Do you ever space out or find yourself having a hard time concentrating when socializing? Do you find yourself trying to avoid social situations more often than you used to? I have not had any luck with the nasal sprays either. Maybe i'm expecting too much from them. I do have some luck with the over the counter, nasalcrom. This combined with prescription decongestants work for me pretty well. However, i can't seem to break away from the crazy, depersonalized symptoms that we have. Please respond back and I look foward to hearing from you.

kris

seattle31
12-06-2001, 10:36 AM
Update: I stopped taking the oral steroids because they didn't do anything. My ears, nose and throat doctor told me to continue taking it by why? I want to get to the heart of the problem, not mask the symptoms. Anyway, I didn't mention that I live in a basement apartment. I've had water on the inside of my window. I use a towel to soak up the water. Also, there is no window in my bathroom, and yes, I have seen mold in my apt. Well I'm moving Saturday to a new apt. I hope to God this takes care of the problem. I'm also going overseas in a couple of weeks so if my symptoms clear up it's obvious my apt is making me sick. Now I'm starting to feel muscle weakeness and joint pain as well. Anyone experience that??? I'm still terrified this isn't allergies, but what else could it be?

ny01
12-06-2001, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the update! Do any of you people with my similar foggy head feelings, have irritated eyes and or throat? My throat is always red and my eyes lately are just burning from either allergy or fatigue. Not sure. Good luck all, if you ever feel better always try to keep everyone up-to-date on any possible remedies. Cheers!!

kristopher
12-06-2001, 08:17 PM
hey everyone, back to let you know that i sympathize with all of you. Grillo, on the fatigue factor...believe me, i know exactly what u mean. I have been waking for the past five months feeling groggy and like i just did'nt even fall asleep. Also, i feel completely lethargic throughout the day. My doctor said that the pupil thing was normal and probably related to allergies.
Like Seattle and you others, i have really been experiencing the acheness and yes, it is scary. It brings on a fear like there has to be something detrimentally wrong. I'm pretty sure we're all suffering from sinus problems which can bring on a variety of crazy symptoms. It's kind of weird because my body will be feeling fine and all of a sudden i'll have body aches. There probably not as severe as flu like body aches but they are very uncomfortable.
Ny01...i'm having some of the eye symptoms too. It seems that sometimes focusing is tough and they are always tired.
I have a question for you guys: Is it just me or are some of your companions starting to think you are all hypochondriacs? I believe my girlfriend is starting to believe that i'm a real basket case.
Oh, Seattle...that mold could be a part of your problem or all of your problem. Hopefully moving out will be your solution. Have you had any allergy/sinus trouble before?
Anyway, i hope the best for all of us. Would'nt it be nice if we could receive the gift of healing this Christmas?

kris

grillo7
12-06-2001, 11:25 PM
hey...I get the same focusing problems, it's almost like I'm seeing everything like a panoramic picture, I can't focus on just one thing.
Also Kris, I definately know what you mean about hypochondria. My girlfriend seems to believe me less and less as this goes on, as well as the doctor. It makes *me* even want to doubt my sanity...Ugh.
I got periodic sore throats with this Ny01, and my eyes are scratchy and red too, but that may be because I wear contacts. They don't really bother me. They do get puffy with black circles under them, though. I hope getting out will help you, Ny01.
I posted that I had numbness earlier...what kind--if any--are you all experiencing?
Anyway, I hope we can all figure this out. It's so relieving knowing that I'm not totally alone in whatever this is. I'll post every bit of information I get from doctor's visits here so that hopefully we can get to the bottom of this, and make Kris's idea of a Christmas gift come true.

seattle31
12-11-2001, 10:30 AM
I'm so frustrated!!! I've been in my new apt for 3 days and now my symptoms feel worse! Actually, Sat during the day i felt great, then the symptoms came back that night. I feel like I've been on a boat on the high seas. Is this related to weather?? When I felt great it was pretty sunny outside, a rarity these days in Seattle. But it has been raining since then. We are having one of the wettest winters I can remember. Sigh....My next test is I'm going to New Zealand in less than two weeks. If that doesn't make this go away I have no idea what will!!!!

seattle31
12-18-2001, 10:58 AM
Well, I started taking the Chlorotrimeton yesterday so I'll wait a couple days to see if anything happens. In the meanwhile, my muscle aches just seem to be getting worse, like I have the flu but don't. Of course my imagination is getting the best of me and I'm looking on the internet for all these diseases and viruses that I COULD have, like lupus or Chronic Fatigue. I get the results of my MRI and EEG tomorrow to rule out anything there, but my fear is I'm taking an adventure trip and I'll be too weatk to do any of the activities. Of course I've been in perfect health all year and two months before my trip this all starts. Great timing! I guess I'm just really down today...

Natopheli
12-19-2001, 09:28 PM
Wow! There was so much going on in this thread that I had to take notes as I read!! I don't know that I can 'solve' anyone's problems, but maybe I can put someone's mind at ease. It's so easy to drive yourself crazy when you have all these bizarre symptoms. First of all..Seattle...you said you're symptoms got worse when you moved into your new apartment? Were there new carpets put in before you got there or were they chemically cleaned? New paint? Etc, etc. Those kinds of things can exacerbate (look at me trying to sound all smart and I don't even know if I'm spelling that big word right!!hehe) allergy/sinus/sensitivity problems.
For, I think, all of the people who posted in this thread, do you hold tension in your neck/shoulders/upper back? I do and it's something I really have to watch. It can do things like make my sinuses feel worse, make me dizzy, make me feel like I'm getting a migrane. Especially after I've worked out. I'm sure it's not the cause of all the problems, but it can sure add to it; God knows we all have enough painful, annoying things going on from the neck up! I've got some nice suggestions for relaxing the neck and shoulders if anyone wants to hear them. Even if it won't get rid of your troubles, it certainly can't hurt!!
As for the different sized pupils...I think I have a bit of that. I just checked that, and man! it's really hard to see in dim light!! How'd you guys discover that?? I'm guessing for me it's because I have very different vision in each eye. One eye is something like 20/25 and the other is 20/200. Just a thought...
And the achiness...lack of good sleep will do that to ya! And I used to get that floaty headed feeling all the time. Like my head was disconnected from my body. I believe that was my body sort of 'crashing' from violently fighting off allergies and infection. Like I was awake but walking in a dream. I couldn't sleep because I hurt so bad and was so stuffed up but I felt so WORN OUT! I started to feel like that again when I had a little allergy fit a few weeks ago (ran out of Zyrtec! Never again!!). Once I got a hold on my allergies, I stopped feeling like that.
It's no wonder we can't concentrate in conversations and don't feel like being around others. I always felt like there physically was a foggy, groggy, painfull wall in between me and everyone else and it took so much energy to get through it to socialize with others! I still get a little dizziness sometimes. It's when I can feel an infection trying to come on and when, well, let's say it can happen up to 12 times a year, girls (if there were any who posted in this thread..didn't pay attention!). I've never figured out what to do about that except just not do the turns across the floor in dance class!!
I suppose the thing to remember in all this is that it's all happening for a reason. There is a specific, physical reason. You're not going insane and it's hardly likely you have a horrible life threatening disease :) Everything is so connected in our bodies that you'll probably eventually find one or two root causes to all this and be able to feel better. The waiting is a pain in the butt, but the best thing you can do until then is make babying yourself a priority! Sleep, eat well, and de-stress! Take advantage of that brain-fog and give yourself 20 minutes a day to stare at the ceiling and zone out :)
Aw...I hope I make someone feel better with all my rambling. I know what it's like, but I also know what it's like to get passed it all(so far)so I feel for you all and I know that you'll figure it all out eventually!!
Have a good holiday everyone and get some sleep!!
Nat

[This message has been edited by Natopheli (edited 12-20-2001).]

VeronikaB
12-26-2001, 08:31 PM
I am surprised at the number of respondents that choose to use drugs to help them. I tend to look toward alternative ways to combat my symptoms (as you have described) and have found some success through naturoparhic medicines..... Over the years of feeling rundown, I learned about Environmental Illness ( also called MCS - Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and other names too) and I know that I do feel really ill when exposed to different chemicals....even things like personal grooming products ( perfume and shampoos worn by others as well as other scented products)can make my head spin and my brain get fuzzy and my concentration poor.....headaches come often and migraines too....I often feel lethargic and tired. Fortunately there are websites that help me to understand and we have a hospital where I live that has a department just for dealing with these types of illnesses. I live in a big city...Toronto Canada....not the best city for me in this regard, because of the pollutants. I guess I am responding because I hope that my learning might help you to consider the air quality you are exposed to and see if some changes made here might help you too. I use all unscented products and my friends show me the same respect. If you check out related sites you may be surprised to learn what toxic chemicals we are coming into contact with everyday in our personal grooming products...worse is that there is no legislation to protect the consumer. Nova Scotia (in Canada) on the other hand has restricted the use of scented products in public places including schools. I know that I have had difficulty focusing , have had a difficult time putting words together to make sentences and have been dyslexic even from being around certain perfumes. So think about it and I wish you success....it isn't an easy boat to live but I hope that my experiences and understanding can help you too.

jenster15
12-28-2001, 03:50 PM
Ditto to the previous poster. I just consulted a naturopathic physician who has helped me SO much!

ny01
01-11-2002, 04:52 PM
Well, It's been a few weeks since I posted. Just wanted to update on my progress. Still feel totally tired and brain fogged. I did go to the one of the top ENT doctors in the country who is Rush Limbaughs doc for his loss of hearing. She did two day intensive allergy testing on me. Turns out, I am allergic to all airborne particles(i.e. mold, dust, etc) and am very allergic to yeast. So I will start allergy shots and a yeast free diet. What she could not explain to me is why all of a sudden I became allergic and also I seem to become more allergic in perfume situations. I will try these new methods, but am still convinced the antibiotics I took the day before all this started 6 months ago is the cause. No one wants to hear that though. Anyone have any success with shots?

seattle31
01-22-2002, 02:56 PM
Thought I would send everyone an update to my condition. When I was in NZ I didn't notice my symptoms at all. It could have been that I was really distracted doing fun things. I was really worried about doing some of the activities involved because they were very physical and I was experiencing muscle pain and weakness prior to the trip, but low and behold I did great doing everything. When I got back from my trip I noticed the foggy head thing a couple of times but it's been a few weeks and either my symptoms are gone completely or I don't even notice anymore (but I really think I would notice). My nose is still a little stuffy but I'm not taking any medication anymore. So, I'm guessing that either my allergies are better???? or I was as a lot of people suggested...stressed. Who knows. I'm hoping it doesn't come back, whatever it was. Thanks for hanging in there with me and I hope you all feel better soon!

Gengrrl
01-23-2002, 07:51 AM
Seattle31 -- glad you're feeling better. I, too, notice that when I'm distracted or busy -- I don't notice the symptoms. I wonder if there's something to the stress component as you (and others) suggest.

Good luck
Joan

JoyceAnne
04-19-2002, 11:39 AM
Hi to fellow fog heads. I just finished reading so many responses that really hit home. I have been suffering with many of these same symptoms for 14 years and never even considered that this could be an allergy. When this all started I went the ENT and Nuerology route. My symptoms are as followes: Lightheadedness all the time in varying degrees, spacey feeling, poor focus and concentration, eye strain, stiff neck and shoulders, fullness in my left ear which comes and goes, fatigue, headache, confusion and depression. I usually just push through my day, trying to take time to "rest my brain" whenever I can. I haven't seen a doctor for this since 1995 when I went to Johns Hopkins and had a complete ENT and Neurology workup. The diognosis was that I had a vestibular disturbance of unknow origin which left me with persistent lightheadedness. They recommended that I try vestibular desensitizaton program which I think helped a little but was no cure for sure. In March of this year the ear fullness came back and the lightheadedness increased from a managable level to pretty severe. I have an appointment with a new ENT next Tuesday. I plan to mention many of the things that I learned today from all of you. I also plan to give chlortrmeton a try...how can it hurt at this point. Please keep me posted on how you are all doing...It is good to know that there are others like me ( I really doubted it before today) and sad to think there is so much suffering out there. Peace.

Cut-Throat
04-20-2002, 09:09 AM
Yup, you sound like a good candidate for Chlorotimeton.

14 years ! - I went through only 2 years before I discovered C-trimeton worked for me. By accident. Try it and let us know how you come out. It was a lifesaver for me!

ny01
04-21-2002, 10:03 PM
SEattle31,

Just curious how you have been feeling lately?

Ny01

darlene
04-22-2002, 02:06 AM
Have any of you ever been checked for Fibromyalgia? A lot of your symptoms sound like the common complaints of Fibromyalgia. I have Fibromyalgia and am also allergic to molds and yeasts. After working in a building for three years I kept getting sicker and sicker with every day. Not only from the molds, but the combination mold allergy also made the Fibromyalgia worse. Look up mycotoxins and Fibromyalgia on google, you'll be surprised as how many of your symptoms will show up. Good Luck.

ginli
04-23-2002, 07:18 AM
I really think we feel this way because of toxic mold in our homes that we are unaware of. I don't mean to be an alarmist but this is the conclusion i've come to after alot of searching. Just type in mold and your browser will direct you to all sorts of sites. I think it's called strachybotus mold(toxic mold)

seattle31
04-23-2002, 08:35 AM
Hey NY,
Feeling pretty good. Since I got back from NZ it's I've only felt like that here and there. My summer allergies were horrible in NZ, but at least I knew what that was and Allegra worked there. I think it was so much worse before my vacation because I was so stressed and so worried about how I was feeling I think it made it worse. Now if I feel that way I just go with the flow assuming everything is just fine. Here's to hoping! How are you doing?

ny01
04-23-2002, 01:05 PM
Glad to hear your feeling better? Are you on any meds? My cloudy head is still the same and is definitely tied to some type of chemical sensitivity, as it is worse around perfume and fresh paint. It's driving me nuts.

seattle31
04-23-2002, 01:34 PM
Well I tell you I read something interesting in Self magazine. It had a little blurb about how a new car can make you dizzy or have headaches because of the plastics that they use. ALL of my symptoms started the day I picked up my new car. I told my doctors and other people and they thought I was crazy. I still can't be positive it was that, but if anyone who has had symptoms start as suddenly as mine did, you start to question these things. Maybe not everyone is sensitive to chemical things, but I developed allergies due to my apt being so damp and moldy I think which could have made me more sensitive. Who knows! BTW I'm not taking any meds at all. I could probably stand to use a nasal allergy medication, but what's a little stuffed up nose? I really hate taking meds when I don't have to. You know?

JoyceAnne
04-23-2002, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I went to that new ENT today. It was a total waste of time. I brought in my updated file with all my previous test,treatments,symptoms etc. He looked at it for 2 seconds then looked in both ears and said your ears are fine. Call me is they get worse and turned to leave. I stopped him and said if its not my ears what is causing my lightheadedness and ear fullness and all my other symptoms. He said could be just about anything and left the room. I had been putting off trying the chlortrmeton in case the ENT had any suggestion. I just took my first dose. I will let you know how it works.

[This message has been edited by JoyceAnne (edited 04-24-2002).]

JoyceAnne
04-23-2002, 04:27 PM
Hi Everyone

Well I tried my first dose of chlorotimeton. I took the 12 hour dose last evening at dinnertime. It really spaced me out and after 20 hours I still can feel it. Whats up, am I just over sensitive to this stuff? I can't affort to take anymore because I am very busy the next two days with lots of driving. Maybe I should try the 8 hour dose and take it right before bed. Cut-Throat...any suggestions? White Sneakers thanks for your post. I am really interested in following up on the migraine idea, especially the Amitriptyline. I need to find a new Neurologist in the Philly area.

[This message has been edited by JoyceAnne (edited 04-24-2002).]

ny01
04-24-2002, 10:00 AM
Seattle31,

The car thing kind of makes sense. All my symptoms started around the same time I got a new car a year or so ago. Unfortunately, now I am sensitive to everything(especially perfumes). Do you still have your car and did your move into your apartment eventually help you? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

seattle31
04-24-2002, 10:04 AM
I think moving helped. I notice the dizziness every once in a great while now. Mostly if I'm leaning over I get that "whoa" feeling. :) I think it's somewhat sinus related. But I hate to say this but now my stomach has been bothering me since my trip. So I wish I could say I was completely feeling better. This has been the worst health year of my life! I swear! I've always been mostly problem free. I just stay in the mind set that it all will pass on it's own eventually.

ny01
04-24-2002, 02:42 PM
Seattle31,

I agree with you on the worst year of my life thing. I went through 27 1/2 years of good health and then all of a sudden I am this fatigued, foggy headed, baggy eyed guy. So frustrating. I too think it might just pass, but one year later I am getting pretty depressed. I am glad that you are feeling better. I am moving this weekend and I hope it benefits me as well. Keep me up-to-date if things get better or you find anything out. :)

Cut-Throat
04-24-2002, 03:50 PM
Hi,

I have been told by allergists that some people just cannot handle the C-trimeton (makes them too sleepy). This is the same med that doctors give people when they ask for a sleeping pill.

It made me tired every year the first couple of weeks, but was not as bad as what you are having. The only suggestion that I have is try to take it on a 3 or 4 day weekend and see if you can tolerate it and if it makes you feel better. You just may not be able to handle it - everyone is different - Good Luck ! and let us know how you come out.

seattle31
04-25-2002, 08:39 AM
I agree that exercise is a great way to cope with some of these problems. I was a regular exerciser but when I started feeling my symptoms, I was so busy going to doctorst that I didn't have time to exercise. Once I got the clear that I had nothing serious I went back to exercising and felt SO much better! It's a great way to cope with the stress you are having because you are so worried about your health. It can affect you in subtle ways. At the advice of my neurologist, I quit taking every kind of medication because sometimes the side effects can be worse than the actual symptoms, or they can just mask your symptoms and they you might not know if you can improve without them. I just tend to be a little skeptical of western medicine and like the previous post, sometimes I feel like I know myself better than any doctor ever could. I'm glad you didnt' settle with that ENT doctor just blowing you off. The ask me if I'M stressed???? Sometimes I think THEY are! :)

waldo
04-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Hi all, I have also been taking C-Trimeton for over a month and this has really helped me alot. I used to be on so much medications before for my allergy and dizziness but thanks to Cut-Throat about C-Trimeton. Well I dont use the C-Trimeton brand but in my country we got alot of other brands with the same chemical Chlorpheniramine 4mg so I take 3 pills in the morning and 3 pills at night. Plus every morning I take a multi Vitamin and a B Vitamin...I dont really care what is in the C-Trimeton but as long as it has made me feel back to my old self and boy it does feel good.

JoyceAnne
04-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Hi
Last Night(Friday) I tried a 4 hour dose of C-Trimeton.I feel better, not so drugged but the lightheadedness is still the same. I will try this dose for a few days and see if it makes any difference in my symptoms.

White Sneakers, Could you tell me more about Amitriptyline. How much did you take, when did you take it and how long did it take before you started to feel better. Do you have any ideas why it worked? I seem very sensitive to drugs and often have worse side effects than my disorder. Did the Amitriptyline make your symptoms of lightheadedness feel worse at first?

Everyone: Are your symptoms seasonal or all the time. Mine are all the time with daily fluctuations in intensity.

Cut-Throat
04-27-2002, 03:21 PM
Hi Waldo,

You are very Welcome !!

Glad to hear the C-trimeton works for you too!! - It is great to feel normal again. I have been taking it for 3 years and it's still working! - I also buy the generic brand and it only costs me 5 cents a pill U.S. - Much better than the 50 cents a pill Brand name Chlorotrimeton !!

If you ever figure out what you are allergic to, please let us know. I do not know what I am allergic to. Something that is airborne, year round, Worldwide I guess.

Beth Robin
04-27-2002, 07:45 PM
Hi All!
It amazes me to see all the people suffering with this similar lightheaded feeling. It's been two years for me and I've been to every doctor imaginable. I checked out fine in all their special areas and so they were finished with me, yet I still had the symptoms. About 6 weeks ago I decided to try the Chlortrimeton I read about in Cutt-Throats posts. I figured I had nothing to lose. It made me feel MUCH better - not perfect, but a huge improvement. I tried one 12 mg in the morning and found it was too much for me. I had a dry throat and a weird feeling. Now I take one 8 mg or two 4 mgs. in the morning. I do feel a little tired in the afternoon, but its worth it! I don't take anymore unless I'm going out or doing something where I want to feel especially good. I try not to take meds unless I really need it. Anyway, I'm another testimonial to Chlortrimeton. Hope some of you can find relief from it, too. Good luck!

JoyceAnne
04-29-2002, 12:20 PM
White Sneakers

Thanks for getting back to me. I am sorry that just when you found something that helped with the problem, the side effects were to hard to take. This must be very frustrating for you. Do you think if you cut way down on the amitriptyline dossage you would still get the benefits and but not the side effects. I really sympathize with you because I also have a lot of trouble with medications. Im sure I give up on things too soon but the side effects are sometimes worse than the problem. I have an appointment with my regular doctor in two weeks and I will suggest the amitriptyline to her. I also want to check out diabetes, thyroid, allergy and hypoglycemia as these things can also cause the same symptoms. In the mean time I am going to contiue with the C-trimeton. I have been taking the 4mg. 2 times a day for 3 days. I want to give it a fair amount of time. Thanks for your help and good luck to you. Keep in touch.

Subie
04-29-2002, 03:40 PM
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to this board, but have been sharing stories on the TMJ board. I started there do to jaw/neck pain, ear fullness and the WORST is the dizziness/fggy feeling. It will be one year next month and all began after a cruise I took. So I figured it will all just go away....oh no it's gotten worse. I've gone to many Dr's (ENT) now seeing a new dentist thinking I have TMJ which I have a "mild" case. My ENT has written me off just last week as a matter of fact. All my tests came back normal so he "doesn't know what to tell me" how frustrating. I really want this dizziness to GO AWAY!! After reading all your posts it looks as though we are all in the same boat and it does become very depressing. I am definitely not the same person I was a year ago. I'm sure I have allergies, I think I always have, but just delt with it. I am off to CVS to buy some Chlorotrimeton and PRAY that it works. Just thought I would share my story and I'll post in a week or so to let you all know about how the Chlorotrimeton is working.......crossing my fingers!
Take care!

JoyceAnne
04-30-2002, 08:07 AM
Waldo
Just read your post on the inner ear site in regard to Zovirax. Have you tried it yourself? I read the info. from the doctor in Japan. This was published in 1999 anything since then? Very interested please let me know. Thanks

waldo
05-01-2002, 08:11 PM
Hi Joyceanne, Yes I took the Zovirax for a month 2,000mg a day and after that I started taking C-Trimeton 12mg in the morning and 12mg at night and still taking it.

galactickim
05-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm sad to see that the last post here was 2002. I've been experiencing all of these symptoms for years, have had a multitude of tests done, and can't get rid of the foggy head and lethargic feeling. I feel like a pile of crap probably about 80% of the year, and it's getting rather depressing because I'm an instructor and it makes me feel VERY stupid.

I don't believe in taking drugs, but I'm so fed up now that I would probably try about anything to make myself feel energetic and able to focus.

Any of the previous people who have posted still there?

galactickim
05-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Grillo - did you find any relief for these symptoms. I suffer from exactly the same things, and I'm sure that people think I'm crazy. I can't stand it.

[QUOTE=grillo7;73384

Disconnected/Spacey/High/Depersonalised Feeling
Pressure and Fullness in Head
Pressure and Fullness in Ears
Occasional Headache
Occasional Earaches
Lightheadedness and Dizziness
Weakness During and After Activity/Exercise
Nasal Congestion
Sore Neck
Cracking or Popping Noises in Neck
Memory Loss
Fatigue
Can't Find the Right Words in Conversation or follow conversation well
Can't focus my eyes on one thing only
One Pupil Larger than the Other in Dim Light
Occasional Ringing in Ears
Decreased Sensation/Numbness in Parts of Body
Troubled Sleep

The symptoms seem to cycle, some are better or gone one day, and then return worse than ever the next. It's unpredictable. One connection I've noticed is that exercise seems to make all the symptoms worse.[/QUOTE]

violet6
05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
galactickim--

It sounds like you might be experiencing symptoms of migraine...the inner ear board has lots of info. on migraine associated vertigo, which can cause a lot of the symptoms you mention. Migraine can cause lots more things than just a headache...the book Heal Your Headache goes into all of this.

Good luck!

Violet