PDA

View Full Version : chemical hair straightening

Ms Harriet
11-16-2003, 01:50 PM
anyone know anything about it? i htink i want it done but im not sure. i want straight smooth hair. ive got big loose ringlets and i was wondering if i got it done would it just look like i had combed them out like all wavy and stuff. also how much does this damage your hair. cause myhair is already pretty far gone.

gailmac123
11-16-2003, 04:37 PM
Are you speaking of Thermal reconditioning?

taerdnay
12-28-2003, 02:26 AM
Chemical hair straightening/ thermal reconditioning is also known widely in Asia as Rebonding. Basically chemicals breakdown the bond structure in your hair and "rebond" them straight. Chemical damage is similar to having a perm. Can work well on very curly hair but it is very important to go to an experience hairstylist since results depend highly on the stylist's skills. I rebonded my waist length dry "slightly wavy/straight" asian hair with great results. Hair is actually smoother. Saloon recommended protein treatment before and after rebonding process since my hair was dry. Note that results on coloured hair vary so seek a reputable and recommended hairstylist advice.
Cheers.

spikie
12-28-2003, 12:03 PM
if you're talking about thermal reconditioning then no it won't look like you just combed out your hair it will look completely straight. if you're talking about just a relaxer than yes it might. In terms of damage, if you go to somebody good then it won't kill your hair.