View Full Version : scars

12-23-2003, 10:37 PM
is there anyone out there like me? Deep Acne scars all over my face. I can't do anything about it. I wonder what I may have done in my life if I didn't have this.... face scarring. It started when I was young....pick pick pick....embarassing.....

I have never met anyone that knows what it's like, being scarred.

12-25-2003, 03:11 AM

I know what it's like and so do many other people on this board, so don't despair too much. You are not alone!

12-25-2003, 04:55 AM
You can use Various Concealers, which will conceal most scars almost completely, but as ive said before, this is only Temporary, Scars heal on their own over time, just have patience!, there are Various products that have been prooven to speed up this process Mederma, Herbal Remedies etc, they work very well, and arnt too harsh on your skin, NEVER use Retin-A this stuff Dries your skin out, it doesnt clear scars up, it just kills ur top layer of skin, making ur deeper scars more noticable..and ur skin flakes and the scars become even more 'Red', i think the herb is something like Chiproot cant remember the name, sunfell suggested it in his diet thread.

12-25-2003, 12:16 PM
are they indented scars? or just brown markings ?

12-25-2003, 03:09 PM

There is a really good message board on scars, but I can't post it here. Try doing a search on a search engine.

Btw, mederma doesn't help with scars. It makes a lot of people break-out. It can be useful on raised scars, but not indented. It's generally considered a scam by people who have tried many different things.


12-25-2003, 09:01 PM
they are known as "pot marks" or as my co-workers call me "scarface".

12-25-2003, 09:16 PM
they are known as "pot marks" or as my co-workers call me "scarface".

that sucks i'd try writing a complaint or something, but that would prolly direct more attention to the scars. the board emma2 is talking about is www. acne . org ; click on message boards; then on scar treatments and your there!:) if you have pock or "pot marks" how u call them TCA or excision is probably your best bet (if you don't know what TCA is you'll find out on the boards!)

12-27-2003, 03:41 PM
thanks all