PDA

View Full Version : b5 caused hairloss

zitzapper
12-24-2003, 02:00 PM
hi i just noticed lately that my hairline has been thinning and i'm positive it was the b5 and i've been doing some research and was wondering if it'd be okay if i took procerin along with my erythromycin. procerin is a hairloss supplement and i was wondering if it would interfere with my acne at all. acne bothers me but hairloss scares the heck out of me. my zits will eventually go away. my hair loss won't be so easy.

Dreamer99
12-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Hi, I also take b5, and I have also noticed that my hair has been thinning lately.. I used to have really full thick dark brown hair, but now they seem alot thinner and I can see to my scalp.. im not losing hair but my hair is definitely thinning. My hair is growing normally and I have alot of it, but its different, not as thick and feels thinner.. will this eventually lead to hairloss? or is it just thinner? If it leads to hair loss could someone tell me? The b5 evolution site says it actually makes hair fuller... then I hear ppl say it leads to hair loss..any help would be appreciated.. if it leads to hairloss I better stop right away, I rather have acne then go bald.

seamus
12-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Hi, I also take b5, and I have also noticed that my hair has been thinning lately.. I used to have really full thick dark brown hair, but now they seem alot thinner and I can see to my scalp.. im not losing hair but my hair is definitely thinning. My hair is growing normally and I have alot of it, but its different, not as thick and feels thinner.. will this eventually lead to hairloss? or is it just thinner? If it leads to hair loss could someone tell me? The b5 evolution site says it actually makes hair fuller... then I hear ppl say it leads to hair loss..any help would be appreciated.. if it leads to hairloss I better stop right away, I rather have acne then go bald.

I've been on B5 for about a month and have not really noticed any difference. I am male as well. How long have you guys been on B5 and at what dose? Also, are you taking supplements with it...i'm taking a B Complex and a general Multivitamin everyday with the B5

neko13
12-25-2003, 02:56 AM
Other people on this board have also reported hair loss with B5. :( Please be careful! At least it seems you are catching it in the early phases.

zitzapper
12-25-2003, 12:29 PM
so i guess i'm still wondering if it would be alright to take procerin along with my erythromycin but just at different times of the day. I'm so sick of all of this.

prometheus
12-25-2003, 01:10 PM
Is B5 fat soluble? I've heard that too many fat soluble vitamins cause hair loss. I know for this reason you shouldn't exceed 400IUs of vitamin E daily.

Turns out B5 is water soluble. Look at any other vitamins you may be taking. It probably just induced a temporary shedding phase because of its ability to promote cell growth.

kaylasmith
03-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Is B5 fat soluble? I've heard that too many fat soluble vitamins cause hair loss. I know for this reason you shouldn't exceed 400IUs of vitamin E daily.

Turns out B5 is water soluble. Look at any other vitamins you may be taking. It probably just induced a temporary shedding phase because of its ability to promote cell growth.

I sure hope you are right about that I am about to start taking this supplement for my skin. Maybe I should ask a doctor about it. Maybe your theory is right. :jester:

dfwgoodguy
03-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I have been using b5 for quite some time now, prolly almost 2 months. No hairloss at all for me. I have been taking a b-complex the whole time, which might be why. Also recently started taking biotin, i havn't had any hairloss yet, so we'll see.

artlan
03-28-2004, 07:30 PM
so i guess i'm still wondering if it would be alright to take procerin along with my erythromycin but just at different times of the day. I'm so sick of all of this.

Hey Zitzapper,

has your hair loss subsided/improved at all after starting with Procerin and Erythromycin?