PDA

View Full Version : Ultram

froggirl
12-31-2003, 12:44 PM
Hi, does anyone know anything about ultram? I am a hydro addict with a real need for it (beyond the addiction). I have severe lower back problems...that's how I became addicted. Anyway, went to the doc today, and along w/ a rehab program (for my back problems) he put me on Ultram. I guess what I want to know is is this stuff an opiate and is it addictive? I have never heard of it before. Thanks for any info anyone out there can give.
Kel

Oh yeah, Happy New Year! :)

John 808
12-31-2003, 02:21 PM
Be careful with the Ultram- it is not actually considered a narcotic, but it is a form of an opitate (narcotic). I have heard horror stories of people becoming addicted and the withdrawals- not trying to scare you, just help out! Glad to hear from you. Aside from this, how are you...really?

Michelle

Philster2003
12-31-2003, 02:32 PM
Kel;

Ultram is a synthetic analgesic compound (synthetic opiate) that is addictive (physically & psychologically) and after I used it I found the withdrawals associated with it to be very nasty in comparison to vicodin (hydrocodone) It is a pain reliever many Dr's prescribe as they think it's not as addictive in nature but I assure you it can be every much as addictive as vicodin. You do need something for the legitimate pain so this may be a solution for you. At least you have a bit more knowledge.

phil