PDA

View Full Version : Spark, Please Talk To Me!

John 808
01-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Okay Spark,

I am not going to get all mushy on you, but I am worried about you. I know you are probably not feeling like typing right now, but drop me a quick post, okay? Just so I know that you are there and possibly how you are doing!

I am taking my last sub tablet Wednesday morning. I am trying to time it where I will go through the worst of the physical withdrawals over the weekend while my husband is home. Hope I can make it through this!

Let me hear from you- don't want to make me worry about ya all week- okay?
Take care,
Michelle :)

spark-o-cet
01-05-2004, 02:06 PM
okay mechelle here goes had to use some hydro and percocet to get over the sub w/ds cause they just last to long and you cant do anything but lay on the couch waiten for the sub to leave your brain.so now i am tperin down off the cets and hydros and again this has not been easy and im not over it yet.but i think the w/ds are a little easier for hydros than the sub.but this is just me so take it for what it is worth.im not gaonna lie to you it is not gonna be easy for ya no matter how you do it and a weekend will not touch what you are gonna have to go thru.you will not sleep for at least a week and then only short naps and until the sub is out of your system you are gonna be hurtin and unable to do anything that requires thinkin or labor.im glad your sub dr was honest about the w/ds to ya as most are not.get some l-tyrosene as this has helped me alot.i would see how bad the w/ds from the sub get and if you cant take them maybe use hydro on a limited basis and if you over do it then you are right back to where you were this past summer before sub and you remember how that was.i hope it is easier on you this time but im afraid it will be twice as hard as it was the last time you c/t.everytime we use and then c/t it gets hardter and harder on our bodies and takes longer to get over it.see how you feel on fri night or sat mornin before you make a decision but i would have backup before it gets here.i wish you luck as this is a make it or break it for ya the way it sounds.im still fighten my own battle as we speak.good luck my friend and let us know how ya feel this weekend-spark

Banker
01-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Spark and Michelle - First of all, Spark, I'm glad you are handling it, no matter how you do it. I know that you will stop the percs and tabs once you feel better. Don't go so long without signing on and letting us know you are o.k. I've truly been thinking about you every day praying that you are managing.

Do you guys not think that since Michelle had the two week break and has only been back on them for a short time and a small dosage that she will have an easier time coming off of Sub? I know you were at .5 but you were on them a lot longer than she has been. What do you think? Michelle, I think if you try to think positively, the mind over matter thing might work and you can/will get through it.

Let me know your thoughts... Spark - hang in there and do whatever you have to do to get through it. I know you will be clean SOON! I know you will.

John 808
01-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Spark, so glad to hear from you, but I am sorry you are having such a hard time- my heart goes out to you. Go easy on the hydro's and percs- I know you know that! Hang in there- it has to get better!

I have taken the sub about four days in a row a couple of weeks ago and dropped down drastically- like I am already feeling withdrawals right now. I am real shakey and my eyes have the funny, dialated feeling bad. I want to take some more sub to ease this but instead I hit my hot tub. Luckily, my mom had taken my four and one year old today while my five year old was at school. I am starting to feel hot and cold flashes- I may be wrong, but I don't think it will be as hard on me than Spark because I have only been on it regularly about eight days- skipping here and there. That is why I feel so bad already. Come hell or highwater though....I will beat this...and on top of that, one of my online pharms emailed me with a refill and I said "no thanks." I am going to do this!

Anyway, we just need to see each other through our own struggles. Spark, post me if you need to just vent or whatever.

Banker, I wrote to you on another post regarding telling your boyfriend.

Love to all,
Michelle

chefob1
01-05-2004, 04:03 PM
who loves ya spark?

Gabbi
01-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Spark,

I'm glad you wrote, and that you are sordove ok. As long as you have the same goal in mind it doesn't matter how you get there!!! Isn't it weird that a couple mos we were all talking about the sub and how good it was, now were detoxing from the percs..I'm on day 5 and finally feeling a tad better. But I know there will be some long days ahead, still haven't slept. I wish you all the luck in world, I know you really want to be off these pills!! Please keep us posted.

The L-tyrosine worked good for me too, I also followed the thomas recipe, taking some multivitamin and b-6 with it and it did seem to help some.

Gabbi

spark-o-cet
01-05-2004, 06:14 PM
chef my man im loved all over dont ya think.mechelle i hope you will have it easier than me and that is why i said to wait until fri night or sat morn to see how you feel.i know you can do this and you have to do it but if you are like me then you can conquer the world when we have a pill in us.we can get clean just like it is nothin when we have some sort of opiate in us.but when the opiate starts wearin off and reality sets in then it is a different story.the last 2days have been he** on me as ive had no sleep at all and hurtin all over.this is from the cets and hydros as i taper down off them.yea i know this isnt the way to do it but if it works it works.doesnt mean that it will work for all maybe just me and may not work for me wait and see.if it doesnt work for me this time i will either have to check in to a detox place or mmt clinic as bad as i hate to do either one but im out of options of gettin clean.at this point i really cant give good advise on what a person should do as i dont know what to do for myself-spark

Banker
01-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Spark - I know you said you and your doctor both were ready for you to get off of Sub... do you think if you find that you simply cannot stay clean, going back to Sub is an option for you, even if that means really long term? Also, just curious... do you and/or your girlfriend attend meetings? I'm SO sorry you are sick and wish I could do something to make it go away.

Murphy555
01-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Hello all,
haven't been able to get online lately.
I'm so sorry (and scared!) that you are going through this Spark.
I tell me Dr. this and she tried to tell me not to go by internet, etc.
But its' people's experiences that are important. I think.

So you're story is really making me edgy.
I'm wondering - why should I get off suboxone? because of the bad withdrawals I will experience later?
And I guess I don't understand why w/d from suboxone are sooo hard. Eeryone said they were easier than for methadone and pills. So this is depressing for me and I'm sure for a few people.

It's done so much for me - when i think of those pills, sure i would take them too to withdraw from something else - but isn't that switching from one addiction to another endlessly???

there must be a better way :(

Strength to you spark.
Bye, Murphy

spark-o-cet
01-06-2004, 04:27 AM
banker ive been to a few meetings but got nothin out of them at all.i will never take sub again dont like it and cant afford it.maybe i havent found the right meetings yet guess i need to keep lookin.hope the sub is workin for you and are ya gonna stay on it the rest of your life-spark