PDA

View Full Version : loose skin on neck

herzel
01-07-2004, 04:56 AM
Does anyone really know of an exercise that will help the sagging skin or double chin you get? I am only 49, people say I look like I am in my 30's,but I do have a sagging neck.
It is not from being overweight, I guess its just getting older. I have looked for an exercise that really would work, but all I hear today is surgery. I have no intention of having surgery, but sure would like to know of a exercise that could help before I get "chicken neck" at an early age. MY face looks good, as I have ordered the silkia camellia oil from e-bay but haven't used it long enough to say how it has helped. I love the way my skin feels and looks.Now I just worry about my neck looking old before my face does. I do apply lotion on it, I have for many years, but with no results.
If anyone knows of a message or an exercise that will help instead of surgery, I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,
Debbie Z :confused:

trnurbdy48
01-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Hi Debbie. I do facial exercises every day! Here are a few for the neck:

Tilt your head back, looking up at the ceiling. Perform a chewing motion with your lips closed. Do this motion for a count of 20

Raise your head a bit. Open mouth wide then move your bottom lip over your top lip. Repeat motion 5 times

With your chin raised a bit and lips closed, push out your bottom jaw as far as possible. Hold for a count of 5 and repeat 5 times.

Here's one to tighten the neck muscles:

Begin looking straight ahead with your chin level. Turn your head to the right so that it is even with your right shoulderand then push your head backwards. Hold 6-8 seconds. Return your head to to forward position. Now turn your head to the left and perform the same movement. Repeat 6 times

Lay on your bed with your head over the edge. Bring your head up slowly toward your torso. Hold for a count of 10. Repeat 5 x's.

Using the tops of your fingers and keeping your hand rigid, slap under your chin rapidly for a count of 10. Do this often during the day.

Whew! I hope this helps out!

Laurie

herzel
01-08-2004, 05:53 AM
Hi Trnarbdy48, Thanks so much for your response, I will try it. I know you know what you are talking about, I can just tell. You see, I am only 49, everyone says I look 35. I only weigh 130#,5'6 but I can see a sagging neck and it drives me nuts. I use moisturizer everyday but with no luck.I have asked my dr.about an exercise to do to help it, and he just laughed saying that was "geting older" and their was nothing I could do about it. I have felt so bad until I read your response.I don't always have time in the A.M to do your advice but I will try it at night. I do rub it in good in the morning and let it soak in for a while. I haven't had it but about 2 weeks so I can't I see a big improvment but already my skin looks rosy. I have a question for you, my dr told me to use retin a at night,will that affect the camillia oil in the morning?
I don't have bad acne at all ,but he says it will keep my face clearer than ever before. It just dries my skin out.I'm hoping the oil will soften my skin over what the retin-A has done. Thanks ,you are my angel
Debbie Z :angel:

trnurbdy48
01-08-2004, 06:58 AM
Hi Debbie. You're more than welcome! As a CPT I believe that the entire body can benefit from exercise. Including and especially facial muscles. I'm 48, 5'6", 122 lbs and I still compete in the "younger" world of body building. I see so much plastic surgery! I refuse to alter my face or body. Though when I look at some of those 36 C-D implants, then look at my 34-C's...........sigh..........so, I work my pectorals extra hard! LOL If I can't do it with old fashioned hard work, I figure it's not meant to be. As far as the Retin-A goes, listen to your Dr. I'm not a dermatologist and I've never used Retin-A. I just ordered Camellia oil and I can't wait to get it! I've read so many raves! I also read about the ear drops as a tooth whitener..........it works!!! My partner thought I was nuts when I told him what the ear drops were for. Anyway, have fun with the exercise and keep me posted.

Laurie

wearesiamese
01-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi. I'm 42 and your height, and whenever I dip below a certain weight I notice that problem too. About 2 years ago I bought Decleor Neck Firming Gel and have used it ever since. It's made in France, and you can get it at Sephora, Neiman Marcus, etc. It really seems to help. I think if you try this, plus the other suggestions from the other posters, you will see some results. If nothing works, and you can find a way to afford it, consider a neck lift. My mom, who passed away a few years ago, hated her neck and was very self conscious about it. I always told her to go get it "fixed" if it bothered her, but she was afraid to. Surgery certainly isn't for everyone, but a lot of women do it and look and feel fantastic afterward.