PDA

View Full Version : Why does everything work AGAINST you?

Toribelle
01-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Today I actually am on day one with no pills. I know I said Friday but I took the pills faster than I thought - partly to get on with it.

I feel not so so bad. I took my last 1/2 pill yesterday afternoon. Today my sister calls and she and my mom need me at her house tomorrow - a famlily thing came up with my brother and there's no avoiding this.

Problem - my sister is 60% disabled. Of course - her back - disk disease runs in our family. My other sister even had trouble for a while. She has more narcotics than the pharmacy. I can't go! I have to go! How am I going to spend the entire day tomorrow with all thse pills around?

BLANKITY BLANK BLANK.............

MAN ARRRRGGG

rosietee
01-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Toribelle, I have a relative with lots of meds too. I know the only way I will be able to visit and stay clean now is to actually tell him I have a problem, so that he keeps track of his meds. But he is a very cool guy. I don't know how that would work out in your situation but it is probably the only way to stay clean, if it was me.

Rosie

stayhomemom
01-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Toribelle...I can only imagine how hard this is going to be for you. Is there anyway you can help out - but avoid your sister's house? Gosh, I wish I had more words for you. I'm trying to taper myself and it is so hard!!!!! I failed at my first try and am giving it another go....

Try your hardest and remember how great it will be to be "clean". No getting out of it, huh? Can you say you have the flu? Anything?

My thoughts are with you. Good luck and try to be strong. Believe me, I know this is hard but I have to say congratulations for getting this far. I wish I was down to no pills. Just keep remembering how far you've come. Just think a few more days and things will be looking even better for you. Don't let this get you down!

Good Luck....shm

Josh1
01-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Tori,
I think I would come down with a sudden case of a terrible flu. I know that's being dishonest but you need to do something to save your *** and being around all those narcotics would be too much for me, especially when I'm just starting to get clean. Take care and I wish there was a simple answer but there never seems to be one when you really need it.
Josh

Toribelle
01-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Thank you guys!

I have to go - my brother's story is one for a book - actually as a book or movie it woulnd't be believable. I gotta go - but if there's one thing my sister has more of then narcotics - it's computers! I'll check in. She has two kids also so they'll keep me occupied. It's only 10 minutes from home too - I can run away if need be. I really don't feel much desire to take one of her pills.

I'll stay on with you guys - hour by hour I can do it.

opieie
01-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey Toribelle I'm not sure exactly what to tell you in this situation except try to stay strong and focus on a life where things like this will not matter anymore I will pray for you and I hope everything turns out in your favor

opieie
01-10-2004, 06:21 AM
Hey Tori where are you I just wanted to hear from you I know you were worried about the other day just wanted to make sure you are OK

Toribelle
01-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi opieie!

How's it going? I"m sorry I disappeared for a day or two - I wasn't feeling all that well. I had a migraine for the past two days on top of W/Ds and culd hardly get up. I'm good now though and feeling pretty decent actually.

Thank you for asking!!! Tell me how you are....

Tori

Toribelle
01-10-2004, 07:07 PM
I did it - somehow... i was a mess though. I couldn't concentrate. I was shaking and sweating and sick. I did have a horrible migraine so it was an excuse. I took an imitrex - that's all doc I swear!!!

I feel really good..I can't keep playing near tht old playground though - once maybe I made it but I can't temp myself. I'm on that - oh boy I'm really doing it high right now - It's the depression that follows that is a dangerous time for me.

Thanks! I could NOT be doing this well without you guys!

Tori

coLd turKeY
01-11-2004, 03:17 PM
good job toribelle!..