PDA

View Full Version : Pot

John 808
01-11-2004, 07:55 AM
The other thread was closed and I had to say one last thing...I never said cigarettes and alcohol was a good thing and I am glad they were legal. I said cigarettes were just as dangerous b/c of all the deaths to lung cancer and the box says WARNING SMOKING MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Same with alcohol- it is deadly as well, that is why I don't drink or smoke.

As far as becoming addicted to pain pills, I am addicted, yes, I am an addict, and yes, I knew when I was taking 20 a day that is was wrong and there is no denying or denial whatsoever. My point was, I never went out looking for a high.

I don't know how anyone could justify legalizing any drug thinking it would make our world safer...if it were easier access then I promise you the problem would be so much greater than it is know. Ya know...even I would have to admit if pain pills were legal, I would still be using and my children would probably lose their mother eventually to liver scirosis. Do you think that would be a good thing? Thank God I can't just get anything I wanted and have to face that God never intended for us to live chemically altering our bodies. We choose, by "accident" or seeking a "temporary feel-good" to play with our brains chemistry.

What would you do if your child picked up a marijuania cigarette and it was laced with something and killed your child? You don't always know what is in pot?? I do know it is bad for your health in the long run...I studied it in college and I have a masters in childhood developement...so, I am no expert but I know a little and that is that it is dangerous in long term use. Ya know...if someone had cancer and there were medicinal benefits and you knew what you were smoking and you were under professional care...I may agree with that, but for teenagers and even adults to smoke it because it is a temporary feel good or relaxes you....BS! No illegal drugs can benefit anybody...period! As far as legal drugs, we all know that they can be just as harmful, too, even alcohol. If it is abused then there are going to be problems. I know...I have them!

No one will ever convince me otherwise..if you legalize drugs...you are asking for hell on earth. It is headed that way anyhow!

Michelle

John 808
01-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Oh and one last thing...I think someone said opiates does not harm your body it is the acetaminophin...opiates wipes out the natural serotonin your brain produces...hence, the overwhelming feeling of depression. They do harm your body- they basically re-wire your brain (a quote from my addicitonalogist). That is not how we were intended to live- rewiring our brains. I re-wired my brain and I wish to God I could go back in time and re-do all of this, but I can't. I can only fight to regain some type of normal lifestyle and do everything in my power to keep others from having to go through what I did.

And, government is slowly but surely learning about the dangers of cigarettes because now in MS, you cannot smoke in any public place other than a bar because of its dangers. Thank goodness, because I don't want to die from someone else's lack of judgement. I know all you smokers hate me now, but I just get upset how anyone can justify anything that is dangerous to your health. That is why some RX's have labels...even legal prescriptions can be dangerous. I guess that is why they call it "controlled substances." They know of the dangers as well. I would be willing to bet anything I have that the people that are most happy in this world are the ones who have a healthy spiritual relationship with God, a healthy emotional relationship with their family and friends, and have a healthy pshysical mindset- eating right and exercise! T

I'll shut up about this and if anyone want to disagree then we'll agree to disagree!

LaynesADDICTI0N
01-12-2004, 09:38 AM
"opiates does not harm your body it is the acetaminophin...opiates wipes out the natural serotonin your brain produces...hence, the overwhelming feeling of depression"

Prolonged or chronic use of opiates depletes dopamine which causes Parkinson's, Picks disease and so on..... as far as endorphins, a vast majority usually end up killing themselves or die from acute intoxication before they get these diseases.

They only put apa in codiene which is few of many.....

Any CI drug will NEVER be legal

and I agree with you on everything, im actually trying to quit smoking as we speak and nicotine w/d is actually quite unapealing. BUT with what you said, I have one exception, it is easy to say god would make one happy after they stopped taking 20 or so lortab a day but there is a bigger picture beyond that. To some, faith is knowing that you lived for a reason, suffered for a reason and will be at peace with your god after you're gone.

Until then I think ill change my user name to Austin 3:16 :D

John 808
01-12-2004, 09:50 AM
I agree that you suffer for a reason. I think one day, I can use everything I am going through to help someone else- if it be just one person! I am a firm believer in things happen for a reason- although, we make choices as humans, but even if it were a bad choice, you have to search for how you can turn it into something good!

I would never push my religion or faith on anyone on this board...I just believe so much that God can give someone strength that they never knew they had and He won't give you more than you can handle if you ask for His help. That is the only way I am even up today and made it through these past five days.

Best of luck to you in quitting smoking...my brother used to smoke and he now dips to replace the cigarettes. Well, my husband dips, too! I fuss at him all the time...especially when I found my four year pretending he was "spitting" like Daddy into his spit cup! :) Yuck!

Take care,
michelle