PDA

View Full Version : Lurkers >>>>please read this !!!

kindaunwell
01-19-2004, 03:39 AM
Hello, to all of you who come here to read and maybe find someone's story that kinda seems like yours. I did the same thing for afew weeks before I reconized that the best way for me to find help, was to come right out and ask for it ....

I found out all I had to do was click on the tab "New Topic". Topic title could just be " Hi, I need some help (Or answers ) I wrote down some of the "Basic Facts", like what drugs I was taking, how much or how many, and asked if there was anyone on this Board who could help me. The responce was great !!!! Alot of people posted right back to me ,asking for more details,offering compassion and giving me words of encouragement. I very soon found out that I wasn't the only one in the world with these problems. I wasn't alone like I thought I was.And I found out that if I told the whole truth, no one here was gonna give me any "static or hardtimes" about it.

I felt it was almost immposible to tell my family or friends what I had gotten into with all these drugs. And if I did find someone I could tell, their answers and advice showed me they just didn't understand. They would want to help, but just didn't know what to do for me. And then I realized I didn't really know what to do myself........

The people on this Board want you to tell them all your troubles. They do understand. And they might just very well be able to give you some help. I was where you are now. You don't "have to give" any information out that you don't want to. Nobody will know your real name or where you are from......

You've got nothing to lose, but maybe a whole lot to gain. At least you will have Web friends, who are going through the same stuff as you. Sometimes it helps to let it all out to people "who won't judge you". There are people here who went through "your Hell" and have made it back clean. There are alot of them. I know, cause I am one of them.....

So, come on in, the water is just fine for ya.
And we will always be here!!!

Take Good Care, People......

Kinda-unwell

TryingToSmile
01-19-2004, 01:50 PM
I agree!!!!

Good post!!! :)

kindaunwell
01-19-2004, 02:37 PM
I agree!!!!

Good post!!! :)

Thank you, TryingToSmile.

I too agree, and I hope my post will help convince other Lurkers to finally come out of the closet, and admit publicy (On this forum) that they have a problem, and are looking for help to end it... I too was a Lurker for afew weeks before I finally came out. And now I feel it was a very good move to make.....

I don't believe we have met before, TryingTo Smile, so let me say "Hello, and it is a pleasure to meet ya !!! ). I will keep an eye open on your post to see how you are doing. And don't worry about jumping in on someone elses post if you are interested in what they are discussing. Our posts are not private e-mails. They are here for everyone to join in......

Hope to hear from you again, TryingToSmile....

Kinda-unwell

jan22
01-29-2004, 05:33 AM
I have been lurking and did read your post. I almost posted after reading but was still to scared. Finally I read the very sad post about happy father and that gave me the final push. So yes your post did help me. I have been reading for along time. You never know how much something you post will help someone even if you don't know they are there.
I have had many lonely sad times with this addiction and this is where I came for help. So you see you are helping people even if you don't know it.
Thank you,
Jan

Twinlynn
01-29-2004, 05:46 AM
Dear Kinda,

I lurked for two months before I put my big toe in the water!!! You're right! The water is just the right temperature. :-) That's very kind of you to post to all lurkers.

Lynn

upatnite58
01-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Hi Kinda...i believe we met last night on another thread. yes i am a lurker, don't know why i decided to jump in now, but everyone here is so supportive of one another. figured what the hey...well, my story is somewhat different. i haven't used oxy's in about 20 yrs. started with an auto accident when i was living in europe. same story as most, i guess, took them for pain and then for pleasure. can't even remember now how many i took a day, but it was considerable. took them for around 4 years until it was time to come back to canada, then i got really scared and quit c/t. haven't touched them since, but the past 2 yrs. my back pain has come back with a vengence. Dr. mentioned percocet to me and i just froze in my tracks. i know i should have told him about my past, but i didn't. just told him i wanted to hold off for a bit longer. what am i thinking??? certainly don't want to go back down that road, but the pain!!! i have been wrestling with myself for weeks now and found these boards to be my life saver. when i hear all the stories, i just feel so connected. can't go back there ever!! i already take a benzo at nite for sleep (i know, very bad), but i never felt the urge to abuse it. can go days without taking it. don't think i could ever do that with oxy's though. can anyone take these drugs sensibly? well, there you have a good portion of my rambling saga...thanks for inviting me in...

kindaunwell
01-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi Kinda...i believe we met last night on another thread. yes i am a lurker, don't know why i decided to jump in now, but everyone here is so supportive of one another. figured what the hey...well, my story is somewhat different. i haven't used oxy's in about 20 yrs. started with an auto accident when i was living in europe. same story as most, i guess, took them for pain and then for pleasure. can't even remember now how many i took a day, but it was considerable. took them for around 4 years until it was time to come back to canada, then i got really scared and quit c/t. haven't touched them since, but the past 2 yrs. my back pain has come back with a vengence. Dr. mentioned percocet to me and i just froze in my tracks. i know i should have told him about my past, but i didn't. just told him i wanted to hold off for a bit longer. what am i thinking??? certainly don't want to go back down that road, but the pain!!! i have been wrestling with myself for weeks now and found these boards to be my life saver. when i hear all the stories, i just feel so connected. can't go back there ever!! i already take a benzo at nite for sleep (i know, very bad), but i never felt the urge to abuse it. can go days without taking it. don't think i could ever do that with oxy's though. can anyone take these drugs sensibly? well, there you have a good portion of my rambling saga...thanks for inviting me in...

Hi,again, upatnite. I just gave you a quick post on the other Thread. Although its always sad to hear, that was an honest and good opening you just posted above. Right now I'm sitting on the couch and posting back with everyone (I use Webtv) with a portable keyboard, so durring the nite I am in all types of positions, Sitting on couch, laying down on the couch or the floor, layed back in the recliner. I don't know how to work a computer, so this is just fine for me.I got my headphones on listening to my "old time" light rock songs that my son made up for me when he gave me an MP3 player for Christmas, last year. Its great !! Funny thing was while I was reading your post, a Rolling Stones song came on ------- "Mother's little helper". I guess its more in tune with all the Mommies on this Board, though...

Talk with you later, if you can hang with me on the "Graveyard Shift". LOL !! You and I might be the only ones up. I spent more than one lonely nite on these threads, But catching up on everyones posts and responding to them keeps me company.

Later, Kinda......

Banker
01-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Hello to everyone! Upatnight... how did you stop c/t? How did you stay clean for so long, or I should say how DO you stay clean? Do you attend meetings? Prior to your pain, did you still crave drugs like you did when you quit c/t? I've always heard that when you are truly addicted (which I am but I am taking Suboxone and am doing wonderfully on it) but i have heard that when you stop something, cigarettes for example, that a day doesn't go by without thinking about the addiction. Did you find that true for you? Also, please don't take the percs... It's SO not worth it. I know you are in pain but there have to be other medicines that can work without an abuse potential. I'm sure you've tried everything but keep trying. My mother accidentally overdosed and died from lortab. It can happen to anyone of us and you are in such a good position to 'just say no'. You cannot blow the tremendous number of years clean and sober. Please keep us posted...

upatnite58
01-30-2004, 10:27 AM
hi kinda and banker...well kinda i may be up late tonite, as friday's are my nights to "tune it and type". (post on computer while listening to 70's rock) lol. Banker, to answer your questions, i guess looking back i did taper a bit first, down to about 4 pills a day, then nothing...i really expected earth shattering withdrawls, so i was quite relieved when i only suffered about 4 days of bad flu symptoms. took alot longer to sleep though, but then again i was never a good sleeper anyway. and yes, i thought about them at first, but as time went by i thought about them less and less until they became just a shadow in a distant past. and yes, i do intend to keep them in the past. i am glad the sub is working for you, i guess everybody is different in terms of finding a solution. now if i can just get past this darned pain, i'll be OK. keep telling my hubby to knock me out or something, maybe drop an anvil on my head, then at least i'll forget about my back for awhile...lol