PDA

View Full Version : My first day on Subutex

samilam
01-31-2004, 06:25 PM
Hi guys,
Well I took my first pill at 8 this morning, tasted bad, but oah well, I was in full wd's and it didn't help much. So, as directed I took some tabs only 2 10
not 5 like usual. I felt great, I cleaned and packed and was full of energy. I started feeling bad again about 1 but not real real bad more craving than anything I think and i took 2 more tabs it took me utill 5 and I took my last 3 for the day. I know it is still lots of tabs but he told me to take what I needed untill we could get enough sub in me. I was happy I got away with 7 and not 15 like usually. It has been some time since I have got so much done. I get to take 2 tomorrow and I can't wait. It truly is a devil and angel thing, this morning the first thought in my mind was I could get up and take 5 before anyone knew and I could just play it off, I put the sub in my mouth before I could let myself. I and my family hope and pray this is the anwser, and If today was any indication I have no doubt that it is.

Chef or Others with experience, do you think I would be allright to take 3 subutex tomorrow ?....
Im in a hurry to hang up my lortab hat for good.
Sam

Banker
01-31-2004, 07:43 PM
First of all, I'm SO glad you've had a good experience so far. Let me tell you though, once you completely stop the tabs... the habit of reaching for pills is still going to be tough but after a couple of weeks, you won't even think about it anymore. At least, that's what happened to me. I didn't really want the pills or need them, it was just the habit of 'Oh, it's lunch time, better take my 5 lortab' and then I thought, oh... I don't need them or really want them. Just like quitting smoking... it's the habit part you will miss. Anyway, how many mgs are your sub? Are they 2 mgs or are they the 8mgs? Let me know because that will make a difference with my response to you regarding quitting the tabs altogether. I'm SO proud of you. Have you guys moved yet?

samilam
01-31-2004, 09:35 PM
Im just on 2 makin my way to 8 lol. Thanks banker!

Banker
01-31-2004, 09:40 PM
I really think it wouldn't hurt to try it. If you take 6 mgs of sub tomorrow, I really don't think you will be feeling ANY withdrawals. Give it a shot and if you start hurting... then take a tab. I know you can get by without them since you have the Sub... I just know you can. Have a good night and I'm hitting the sack. VERY tired tonight!!

samilam
02-02-2004, 04:27 AM
I LOVE IT!

This morning is my 3rd day, And I got to take 3. My husband gave it to me before he went to work and I slept another hour. I woke up and felt almost normal. No watering eyes no stomach cramps not leg cramps or shakes. I took 1 pill with it, altho I don't think I need it, It is a large habit of taking them and waiting for the fuzzys. My goal for today is 2 pills only and I think I will make it. The sub is causing a irritating headache but I take some Motrin and it helps. I have been more productive in the last 2 days than the last 2 months, I have cleaned and dreamed and made plans, I helped my Mom with a SuperBowl party and I was really there talking and helping and listening. I haven't been preoccupied for 2 days. I cant believe it and for the first time in 2 years I think I see a light.
Im not going to worry about getting off the sub. My goals are not to be drug free, but to be a productive wife and mother who can face each day with hope, and to dream and work twards the life that I want for my family.
Sam

sadsister
02-02-2004, 04:46 AM
Im so happy for you!It sounds like you are feeling alot better.
Don't worry-you'll get used to the taste-(pretty yucky,huh/)-i take sub the min i wake up.Put on the coffee..smoke some ciggs and im ready for a long/but generally productive day.
Gotta go see the psycho/parm this mornin' just wanted to say:Good luck w/ the sub..
Heather :wave:

Banker
02-02-2004, 04:56 AM
I'm so happy for you! I have had the same experience and as you know, I'm a new person. Just like you said, able to plan and do things and not be obsessed with lortab!! I'm telling you, it has changed my life and it's wonderful. I'm like you, I have no plans of getting off of it... it is wonderful for addicts, in my opinion!! As the days go on, you will just continue to be so thankful that you have it and that you are doing better. It still amazes me today and it's been almost three months. Anyway, take care of yourself and enjoy your new (normal) life. I promise, just get rid of the tabs... you don't need them!

KIMBEE
02-02-2004, 06:47 AM
Isnt it great to feel as though you have come out of that fog? And you do feel as if there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am so happy for you, you are going to do wonderful on the Suboxone I can just tell by the differance in your posts. I have been on the Sub. for 6 months now and cant imagine not having it, I know I would not be doing this good without it. It is a miracle drug to me. It has truly saved my life. Keep up the good work and enjoy your road to recovery! You deserve it.

Wakeupcall
02-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Sam,
Hi, I am also on Sub. I am glad to hear you are doing well. I am a littel confused though. THe doc told you to still take the vikes? I guess all docs are different. Mine wanted my dose regulated in the first few days. I take 20mgs daily. Since October. For me, it was a life savor! I feel the same way about getting off. I am a Mom of 3 and a wife. I am productive once again. It is so nice to be able to make plans and know that I can do it and not have to worry about if I will have pills or be in w/d's!! Have a good one Shell

ddanna
02-02-2004, 08:04 AM
I am so happy for you, Sam!!! Wow, that sounds so great. If I ever can't do a taper or things change, I would definately try it. Are you able to post (or maybe you already have?) about how much you pay, does ins. cover the cost, how much for the dr appts???? I want to see if this stuff will ever stop being so expensive. My ins. doesn't cover it so there is no way I would tell my husband that I want to go on it yet. Keep up the good work!!!!! :bouncing:

Take care, Dana

samilam
02-02-2004, 09:38 AM
Wakeup, Yep, he told me to take the Lortab when I felt I needed them, while we worked my dose up. I love it.
Dana, my insurance pays everything sept for 20 bucks a visit my subutex 30 tabs cost me 16 dollars and the Suboxone cost 49 for 60 of them.
Def. cost effective lol.
Thanks guys for the encouragement. I have only taken one tab today and Im craving real bad, only at 6mg of sub Im trying to go without the tabs.
:)
Sam

lisaaahubb
02-03-2004, 05:43 AM
Hey Sam---How are ya feeling TODAY!?!?????'
Please try to keep me updated, as i am really considering going on sub...., i just can't seem to get in to see a sub doctor for like 3 weeks....
I am routing for ya, you are on your way to a much better life....Suboxone, has really been a life-saver for many on this board!!! I am still confused about taking the vikes w/ the sub though....i thought that is defeating the whole purpose and i was under the impression that you had to be in the early stages of w/d to START the whole suboxone process?????!!!
This is what scares me about suboxone.....each doctor seems to go about it differently, probably because it is so new....
Well i just wanted an update from ya.....you have been in my prayers and thoughts....
Hang in there
LISA

ddanna
02-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Wow Sam, that is cost effective!!! If my ins. had that, I'd probably try it for sure; just so I could see how deep my pain REALLY goes. I hope today is better for you as far as the cravings go; should you ask the dr about them?
Good luck, Dana

samilam
02-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Im Grouch as hell today!
I woke up feeling fantastic, matter of fact, I woke up at 4am ready to go!
The cravings haven't been too bad today, I took one tab, didn't really need it but I thought it may help the grouchys. The headache is better and Im beeing very productive, cleaning and packing I just feel so grouch today, depressed like I have lost my best friend. I guess in a way I have.
anyways, Ill check in later!
Sam.

Murphy555
02-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Sam,

Don't know i fyou know me, don't get here often (I hope someobody knows me!)
But congrats.
For me, I just have 0 cravings. I don't know why. and I take my first suboxone pill at 9 PM at night (8mg at night) and feel pretty good during the day.
As for the taste, I remember at first, I didn't like the taste at all, and now I do? Strange, huh?

I have so much positive energy and more confidence and everything. It feels like the pills are a thing of the past. No more. Our relationship is over one way or another.
Murphy

samilam
02-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Lisa
Thats what I thought too, but he started me on Subutex instead of Suboxone, Don't know if thats the difference also he is building me up really slow, 2 mg the first day and adding one pill a day, I don't know. If I were you and I was really thinking about the sub I would make the appointment, and when 3 weeks rolls around maybe by then you will have made up your mind. You can allways go and talk to the sub dr, doesent mean you have to go on it, you can ask your questions and all, The grouchys are gone, and I have had a wonderfull evening, read my kids a book, my husband cried, it was pitifull, he said I have my wife back. It sure has been a wonderfull 4 days. :bouncing:
Sam
Wheres Chef? I haven't seen him post in a long time? Does anyone know is he ok?

rosietee
02-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Sam, I am so happy for you. Forgive me if you have already answered this, but how long do you plan to stay on? If I knew I could go on for a week and then stop, I would not hesitate. Please continue with the updates.

thanks,
rosie

Banker
02-04-2004, 03:42 AM
Sam - sounds like you are going through exactly what I did. At first, I was just in shock at how great I felt but then after like 2 or 3 days - I got really depressed because I, like you felt like I lost my best friend. Then, I got mean - I mean mean! But when I started on the Sub, I started on lexepro too so when that kicked in... after a week or two, I felt 100% back to normal. I'm so happy for you! It IS a life saver and when you told me the story about your husband, it made me tear up. I can relate so much.... This will change your life and the pills will be a thing of the past!!! I'm just like Murph - same way. I feel great! And the best thing is, I FEEL! My kids are doing so much better, we all are.
Lisa - the difference is that Subutex doesn't have Naloxone in it which is a strong blocker against other opiates so you can take lortab with it and not get sick.... Suboxone - you should not mix and you wouldn't feel it even if you did. I believe Sam is switching over soon to Suboxone... Anyway, take care everyone!!!

samilam
02-04-2004, 05:25 AM
Well This Morning is as good as yesterday at 5 pills this morning, yesterday I took 1.5 lortabs, and for what I don't know, thought it would rid me of the grouchys but it did not, I feel great this morning, a little sleepy but can deal with it. I have no plans to take any tabs today, I didn't really need anything yesterday and Im sure I wil not today.
Rosie, I don't have any plans to come off of this, I don't want to ever go back, and If stoping the sub means I might slip back into the hole I have just crawled out of, I will do anything to stop. I missed my NA meeting last night, they all start at 6, I need a few more hours in the day now lol.
Sam