PDA

View Full Version : Hair Shocking???

runner04
03-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Has anyone ever heard of hair shocking? My sister-in-law is doing it and she said that she goes to the salon to get it done and it's suppose to make your hair grow like 1 to 1 1/2 inches more each month. If anyone out there has tried it or heard of anyone who has and it REALLY has made their hair grow faster let me know!!! :)

Thanks!

alessia
03-14-2004, 06:28 PM
That sounded like a great idea, so I did a search online, and couldn't find anything. The only hair shock i saw was when hair falls out from shock after a hair transplant. hth!

VegasGirl
03-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Has anyone ever heard of hair shocking? My sister-in-law is doing it and she said that she goes to the salon to get it done and it's suppose to make your hair grow like 1 to 1 1/2 inches more each month. If anyone out there has tried it or heard of anyone who has and it REALLY has made their hair grow faster let me know!!! :)

Thanks!
I had that done in high school back in 1990 about five or six times, and I didn't notice ANYTHING!!!

Katyana
03-15-2004, 04:44 PM

Thanks!

I don't think there is anything you can do to make your hair grow faster. I often wish my hair would slow down in growth. My hairdresser has told me repeatedly that she can't believe how fast my hair grows. In the last 8 years, I've gone from short cropped hair to mid back, to jaw length, to super short, back to mid back, and then top of the shoulder length last October. Now it's to the tops of my shoulder blades already.

I can't have short hair because the maintainance is too expensive.... cuts every 3 weeks minimum to maintain the style. Unfortunately my rapid hair growth is not confined to my head, and all my body hair grows in at an accelerated rate.

I take vitamins daily, and that may contribute to it. A healthy diet adequate in vitamins and minerals promotes healthy skin and nails, which help in growth. I also don't blow dry or curl my hair or coat it in hair products... all of which cause breakage. I wash my hair usually daily and condition the hair itself (not the scalp as I have oily scalp). I leave it to air dry or sit in front of a normal fan. I also colour my hair every 5 or 6 weeks using a drug store bought hair colour. And I've had several perms over the past many years. The last of which was last year in the spring when my hair was mid back and I got a spiral perm. I had about a foot of hair cut off last October, and only have remnants of the perm left on the bottom 2 inches or so of my hair.

Vitamin B and B12 are good for hair and nail growth. Do an online search for vitamins, or pick up a book at the library on vitamins.