PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove self tanner?

Abbey32
03-18-2004, 02:55 PM
I got some on my hands, feet, wrists and ankles and want to get it off. How do I do that? And how do you get it on your back? I want to stay out of the sun really badly but this self tanning seems so hard!

producttramp
03-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Try a little nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol. Be VERY cautious doing this but if used sparingly it should lighten it at least.
For your back try spray on tanner. I liked the spray one better, it seems to go on smoother. Neutrogena makes a great one.

Blue-eyedBelle
03-18-2004, 06:25 PM
I got some on my hands, feet, wrists and ankles and want to get it off. How do I do that? And how do you get it on your back? I want to stay out of the sun really badly but this self tanning seems so hard!

You can use facial hair bleach to remove it from your palms & such. You can also apply baby oil, let it soak for a while, then use Irish Spring soap to remove the tanner.

They actually make an applicator for applying ST to your back. Walmart sells something with a long wooden handle & a hard white oval pad on the end that looks like a bar of soap (it's in the bath care aisle) - you can also use that. They also sell lotion applicators, but they don't work as well.

producttramp
03-19-2004, 02:46 AM
By the by, if you use the alcohol or remover trick, make sure to rinse well right after and apply a soothing lotion.

maak823
03-19-2004, 08:31 AM
You can also use lemon juice and a loofah- that works well, to prevent your palms from tanning- wash immediately after you apply the self tanner. I've never tried to use it anywhere but my legs- so I would think the best thing for your back would be to have someone help you do it- that way you would be sure to get it even
By the by, if you use the alcohol or remover trick, make sure to rinse well right after and apply a soothing lotion.

Blue-eyedBelle
03-19-2004, 08:48 AM

I forgot to say that the easiest way to avoid this is to wear gloves when you apply the tanner - then when you're ready to do your hands, wear a glove for one, then for the other just use your fingertips & then wipe them several times with a baby wipe or washcloth.

If your feet, wrists, & ankles are *grabbing* the color (they're darker than the rest), you can apply lotion to those areas either before or after the ST & it will make those areas lighter. Also be sure to exfoliate those areas well, because rough, dry skin will grab the color more than soft, exfoliated skin.

Abbey32
03-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Ugh, I tried the oil and soap and the nail polish remover and it didn't help but thanks! This will be the last time I ever use self tanner. I am looking kinda orange and my face is still pale. Not good. LOL. I think I will bake in the sun next time. I was really wanting to avoid that though because of sun damage. Well, off to try the lemon and loofah. :)

Blue-eyedBelle
03-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Did you use the Irish Spring? It has to be Irish Spring.

Which sunless tanner did you use?

Abbey32
03-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes, Irish Spring. It was the new Loreal Sublime Bronze. I even tried the lemon juice and loofah tonight and it still won't budge. LMAO! :bouncing:

Blue-eyedBelle
03-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Well, it is difficult to remove ST from the palms without using some sort of bleach. I've heard that there's a product at Sally's that is for removing hair dye from the skin and that it works on ST, too - especially on the palms. Best way is to just avoid getting it there in the first place! LOL!