PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Tried Dr. Perricone, M.D. Cosmeceuticals?

robste
04-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Has anyone used Dr. Perricone's skincare line? (N.V. Perricone, MD Cosmeceuticals as they are officially called)

I just received a kit of six skincare products in the cutest little black dr. bag (and paid $$$ for it) from QVC.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's used this skincare line & what you think of it. I haven't started using it yet.
Thanks, Robin

lauho68
04-17-2004, 10:41 AM
I have not tried it, but have heard a lot of not so good things about it. The consensus is that it's not worth the price.

Solange1965
04-17-2004, 11:00 AM
I can only pass along information from a co-worker who did order several of the topical items after seeing his PBS special. She was not impressed and expected to see some improvement just in general given the cost of the products. When you watch his special, he does say that if you do not notice an improvement "within days", you have not been following the strict starter diet that he insists everyone must use along with the products. So he is quite clever in that.

However, it seems to me if you go to the website, read through the foods that he indicates are excellent for skin and overall health, plus also look at the vitamin supplements that he recommends, you can probably duplicate your own regimen. I have and while I happen to be a fish lover, still I did add the alpha lipoic acid supplements and the Vitamin C Ester instead of regular Vitamin C along with my other supplements and I am pleased with what I see.

His creams and other products are very pricey. I see other brands containing what they say are the same ingredients but who knows if they are and how much of them you are getting. I use a good quality line of skin treatments and makeup which since I changed my diet are working better.
Solange
P.S. I did not buy his brand of supplements either as they are too expensive.

robste
04-17-2004, 12:40 PM
I have not tried it, but have heard a lot of not so good things about it. The consensus is that it's not worth the price.

Could you specifically let me know what "not so good" things you've actually heard about Dr. Perricone's skin care line? (besides the expensive price) I paid something like $130.00 for the six products in the little black dr. bag, so I sure hope I notice a difference in my skin over time. I've only been using the products for a few days, so I don't notice a difference in looks yet, but I can tell you that the products do really seem to sink into my skin, rather than leave a residue or greasy feel on top of my skin, like so many other products do.

I know that there are a few doctors/dermatologists out there who now have skincare lines. I wonder if their skincare lines are really a lot more effective than the store brands and not just hype...I would hope so, simply because they are M.D.'s and specialize in skincare.

robste
04-17-2004, 12:48 PM
Solangel, I hope I wasn't just being gullible when I purchased the Dr. Perricone skincare products...but the little black bag it came in is so cute! (lolol) Seriously, I hope I wind up liking it. If I do like it, I'll need extra jobs to pay for it though...geez, it's expensive! I got an introductory/special kit, so it was a special price. There's some new product of Dr. Perricone's that costs over $500.00, can you believe that? That's for one product! (I would never pay that, unless, maybe I won the lottery)

I am trying to follow the starter instructions that came with the skincare line, so we'll see if it works for me.

I have a question for you, or anyone else who cares to respond...if you don't like the Dr. Perricone line, are there any skincare lines specifically developed by a dermatologist/M.D. that you do like & use? -Robin

SweetPuff
04-17-2004, 01:31 PM
My mom tried his products and one of the was $80/bottle. She doesn't need any kind of drastic help and didn't see any difference whatsoever...except her wallet was a little cleaner, haha. Expensive stuff that isn't worth it...to keep it short :)

kellie2
04-17-2004, 01:43 PM
I've used Trienelle for over a year now and love what it does for my skin. It's a little expensive too - about $45 a jar - but it's still less expensive that what you bought. I also like the fact that it contains a sunscreen, which is probably the single most important thing we cn put on our skin. Honestly, this cream is very nice. I stopped it once and tried using a store bought brand, and simply didn't like the way my skin looked, so I went back to Trienelle. Of course, what you eat and how well you take care of yourself also plays a very big part in the way your skin looks - vitamins, NO SUN, etc. - but this cream actually made a difference in the way my skin looks, and nothing else I've ever used did, so I'll keep using it.

robste
04-17-2004, 02:02 PM
:wave: Kellie, is the Trienelle cream that you use like a moisturizer? Is it a heavy or light creme? What type of skintype is it for? Do you also use any other products made by Trienelle? Also, I've never heard of Trienelle...where do you purchase it?

(Sorry for a zillion questions, lol) -Robin

sunshine12
04-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Gee, I am suprised at all the negative remarks about Dr. P. I really thought
he would fly higher. Robste, I hope it works better for you, I am sure he is right about diet and foods we eat, it all makes a difference. I haven't heard of that Trenella either, is it just one cream?

Abbey32
04-17-2004, 06:58 PM
robste-you should have ordered a kit from Philosophy off QVC. $43 for the starter kit. It's also made by a woman who is in the medical skin care field. Great stuff. What are your specific problems?

kellie2
04-17-2004, 08:59 PM
It's just one that I use, it's a cream and comes in a jar. Unfortunately, it's against board rules to tell you any more than that...I'm sorry.

lauho68
04-18-2004, 10:49 AM
They say that his eye creams are very drying and the ALA products did nothing for their skin.

robste
04-18-2004, 12:30 PM
robste-you should have ordered a kit from Philosophy off QVC. $43 for the starter kit. It's also made by a woman who is in the medical skin care field. Great stuff. What are your specific problems?

Abbey-I am trying to diminish (or get rid of, but I think that's impossible, lol) those little lines both under and in the outer corner of my eyes for one thing. I'd also like to prevent getting more! I'm 44, but I look about 10 years younger, I really don't have many "wrinkles". I'd also just like to keep the rest of my face looking supple & well moisturized & also my neck.

I've noticed though, that since I've been trying to take really good care of my skin, somehow, my pores actually look larger. Could that be because they are clear?

I have "normal" skin, no blemishes or anything like that.

I like the "feel" of Dr. Perricone's skincare line...I just don't notice much difference yet. Of course, it's only been about a week that I've been using it, and I haven't used all six of the products yet, because you have to gradually introduce them into your skincare routine, because they are (supposedly) very concentrated & powerful.

Geez...I'd love to hear from someone who really likes the Dr. Perricone skincare products! Is there anyone at all out there who really likes the products & has seen an improvement in their skin? Please, there have to be some positive comments too (I hope) -Robin

google2007
04-19-2004, 06:08 PM
I tried Dr. Perricones kit once. I ordered it off qvc that comes in the little black bag. Not long after I started using it, my little girl said "mommy what is all them little holes in your face". It was actually making my pores appear larger. The one good thing I can say about it. It made my skin look more even toned. But the large pores was enough to make me say no more of this.

robste
04-20-2004, 02:19 PM
I tried Dr. Perricones kit once. I ordered it off qvc that comes in the little black bag. Not long after I started using it, my little girl said "mommy what is all them little holes in your face". It was actually making my pores appear larger. The one good thing I can say about it. It made my skin look more even toned. But the large pores was enough to make me say no more of this.

:confused: That's what's happening to my skin. I've used Dr. Perricone's products for about one week now, and my pores, especially in the cheek area, seem larger (I don't ever remember my pores being large before). The kit that I'm using is the same one you must have ordered...the one in the little black dr.'s bag. I'd love to write the company a letter questioning whether or not that's normal for pores to appear larger, and to ask how long it usually takes to see results.

SweetPuff
04-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Robin, you may want to try a search for Trienelle and you will probably find a website for it

robste
04-21-2004, 06:42 AM
Robin, you may want to try a search for Trienelle and you will probably find a website for it

Thanks! Anyone else used Trienelle? Comments about it?