PDA

View Full Version : Hair growth after waxing?

texxasgal
04-13-2004, 11:36 AM
:confused: I got waxed for the first time on Friday (Bikini area) and I already have stubble like I would have if I had shaved. It has only been 3 days and I already have hair growing back?? Is this normal? I had thought that waxing was suppose to last longer. But I didn't know if the first time it grew back faster. Thanks for your input. :bouncing:

iloveryan
04-13-2004, 11:49 AM
im wondering the same thing maybe someone will have an answer. or maybe the person that waxed it didnt do it correctly

Hamer
04-13-2004, 12:41 PM
All of your hairs grow at different rates. The hairs that are popping up now were probably just under the surface at the time of the waxing so they weren't pulled up. The hairs that were waxed off probably shouldn't grow in for another couple of weeks. Some people have hair that grows very fast and at first they might need to get waxed every week. But after you have been waxing consistenly for about 6 months, most of your hairs should be on the same cycle and they will start growing slower from being pulled out all the time. Hope this helps.

pickle
04-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Well my boyfriend did a at home waxing on me and it didn't work a whole lot. It left patches all over, also for this I didn't shave for a week. Well just to see what would happen my boyfriend waxed one long patch on his leg and he's bare and soft still. He's never shaved before so, normal guy hair on the legs. Yeah we did this waxing about a month ago...

verianne
04-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Hair grows in three stages- i dont remember the technical terms but they are growth, rest and sleep- when you wax, it damages the follicles a little bit each time- so the hairs all get to the same stages and then after consistently waxing for about 6 months, you will see that it grows in softer and thinner and doesnt hurt as much to wax. Bikini areas in particular are tricky- waxing sometimes is too much maintenance for sommepeople so shaving is a better option- or laser is awesome but a bit pricey. Hope this helps