PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Makeup Problem

Cypris55
04-18-2004, 08:47 AM
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a brand of mineral makeup that doesnt smear. I've tried bare essentials and I love the coverage and the ease of use, but it gets all over the place. When I hug people or kiss my relatives on the cheek it smears on them and sometimes their clothes. Or when I lay around in bed, it gets all over the pillows. Any suggestions? Thx.

Blue-eyedBelle
04-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Sounds like your skin must be oily - or it could be the moisturizer you use.

I like Aromaleigh & Geografx - Aromaleigh offers a product called Porcelaine, which is a powder you apply under the foundation to help absorb oil. However, you have to be careful to only apply sparingly or it just causes the skin to produce even more oil.

Something you might try is Clean-n-Clear oil blotting sheets - they will remove the oil, but leave the makeup intact.

Other than that, you may want to check out a different moisturizer - maybe an oil-free one - or one that is water-based.

Cypris55
04-18-2004, 11:20 AM
Actually my skin is dry. Do you think it could be the moisturizer I use underneath the makeup? I use lancome's renergie. Is mineral makeup supposed to stay on to your skin like liquid foundations do? Or do you think its the brand of mineral makeup I'm using? Does this ever happen to you -- when I have mineral makeup on then I blow my nose, I have to reapply my makeup on my nose all over again cuz all the mineral makeup smears on the tissue-- is it just me or is this normal?? Thanks a lot :-)

Blue-eyedBelle
04-18-2004, 01:13 PM
I don't have a problem with mine smearing - and my skin tends to be oily. It could be your moisturizer. Are you letting it completely absorb before applying the powder? Or perhaps it's because your skin is so dry that the minerals never actually *meld* with your skin - so they rub off. You could try mixing a little bit of the minerals (just enough for one application) with your moisturizer (just what you would apply for that time) & apply them together.

robste
04-18-2004, 01:30 PM
Actually my skin is dry. Do you think it could be the moisturizer I use underneath the makeup? I use lancome's renergie. Is mineral makeup supposed to stay on to your skin like liquid foundations do? Or do you think its the brand of mineral makeup I'm using? Does this ever happen to you -- when I have mineral makeup on then I blow my nose, I have to reapply my makeup on my nose all over again cuz all the mineral makeup smears on the tissue-- is it just me or is this normal?? Thanks a lot :-)

My skin is on the normal (to dry side in a few areas), and I use mineral makeup, and it doesn't smear off. But I use a different brand, so I don't know if that makes any difference. The brand I use is Sheer Cover and I love it. (It's also less expensive, I think, than Bare Essentuals). Your moisturizer could also be the problem...you could either be using too much moisturizer, or not letting it sink in enough before putting on your makeup. Maybe just try a different moisturizer once, maybe a lighter version, and see if it makes any difference. Also, buff the mineral makeup in really, really well. Hopefully these ideas will help you :D ...let us know! -Robin

producttramp
04-18-2004, 02:29 PM
If your moisturizer never has time to or doesnt fully absorb into the skin, then you buff the be in you will probably have the same problem with any mineral makeup you use.
Try a lighter moisturizer and wait 10 minutes before applying the mineral makeup. Applying be before things are dried creates a thick liquid base instead of the smooth application that lasts like be does.
I use be and dont smudge or smear off but I wash, moisturize, brush my teeth, then do my hair before I apply my makeup giving it time to absorb in. When I use my all day beach sunscreen, I can get smudgy b/c that is pretty thick and never would absorb no matter what I do (but it is spf 50 with titanim)
Try waiting a while longer between moisturizing and applying. ;)