PDA

View Full Version : please help!

locca
08-21-2004, 07:52 PM
hi there...i really could use some help!!

i have this same problem once every few months for about the course of about 2 years now. it happened again today, but hasn't happened since maybe 3-4 months ago.

i woke up from a nap (i've been pretty run down lately) and had severe pains in my stomach, they started getting worse and worse, so i decided to try to have a bowel movement. the pains are not like diarhea(spelling?) pains, they are located around my belly button and very very painful. when i try to have a BM when i feel like this, i usually can't for a very long time, but when i finally do it's usually diarhea. the pains get SOOOO intense during this process and this is what frightens me the most. i have to keep steady heavy breathing to keep myself from passing out, literally. a couple times my hands and legs have gone numb and frozen up and i couldn't move them at all. i get very dizzy and start seeing black spots. i get very warm and start sweating quite a lot. i also usually start throwing up, i don't know if this is because of the pain, or my upset stomach. it can take almost an hour just for me to have a BM, and usually i have to go back to the bathroom for another BM 2-3 times after the first time. i usually have a fever for quite a while afterwards too.

this whole thing doesn't happen often (like once every 3-4 months) and thank god for that because it is hell, there's no other way to describe it. i really could use some help or anyone who has gone thru this. i've had stomach problems since i was younger and gone thru various tests in my days, but none since this has been happening. i would appreciate anyone who can respond, thank you so much.

Sara67
08-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi

How many times has this happened to you? It sounds awful. I know that appendicitis pain usually starts midline and then shifts to the right. You also get loose BM and vomiting. Is there anything that you can think of that triggers the episode or does it just happen out of the blue

locca
08-25-2004, 07:33 AM
it usually just happens out of the blue....usually it's at night though, and it wakes me up.