PDA

View Full Version : I found help with Zelnorm

NConleyOzarks
08-22-2004, 06:26 PM
For more than half my life, I've suffered with Irritable Bowel Syndrom (IBS) with constipation.
I tried laxatives, but there is more to IBS than constipation. I suffered from unbearable cramping and bloating, but the worst part was the general toll it took on me. It didn't matter what I ate, drank or how much I exercised, my symptons continued.
I had to schedule when I would to go the bathroom because I was always nervous and didn't want to be around anyone.
I would look in my closet and say, "I would love to wear this, but I can't," because of how bloated I was.
Being at work was absolutely miserable because of my symptoms. I was one of the lucky ones, because my emplyer was sympathetic.
Then, in the fall of 2002, I found help. My primary care physician diagnosed me with IBS with constipation and gave me a prescription for Zelnorm.
With IBS-C, I felt lethargic and din't feel like doing anything, but Zelnorm helped me to feel better.
More women who suffer with IBS-C need to know there is a treatment option. :wave: