PDA

View Full Version : Hypertrophic Anal Papillae????

blene
08-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Hi! Looking for some input from someone who may have experienced this or knows anything about it. I had PPH, hemorroidectomy, and an external thrombosis removed 5 days ago. My main problem though was what my doctor called a hypertrophic anal papillae. When sitting on the toilet the skin around my rectum would swell up, and on the back side I would get a golf ball size swelling. The swelling was smooth and under the skin, but would block my rectum off, making it hard to have a bowel movement, or making me FEEL like I was having one when really I wasn't. I can't tell you how many times I would sit on the toilet thinking I was going and in immense pain and pressure, then finally reach back there and realize the only thing there was the swelling, when I was convinced I had half a bowel movement hanging out.

He said he would "excise" this part as well, but the swelling is still there and I feel no stiches in the area like there are on the thrombosis he excised. I don't think he did anything to it, and that was the main thing I wanted done! Has anybody else had a hypertrophic papillae along with their hemorrhoids, and did the doc do anything to it? I know surgery causes swelling, but this is the EXACT same swelling as I had BEFORE surgery, and if he did "excise" this as he said he was going to, wouldn't there be some stitches?

UGH. This stinks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

blene