PDA

View Full Version : Stool Color

NewDad
10-01-2004, 12:00 PM
I became very ill in January with a severe and sudden headache, muscle and joint pain, stiff neck, fatigue, and stomach problems such as vomitting and heartburn. I have slowly been recovering, but I am still having some tightness in my neck and soreness in my ankles and calfs when I wake up. The doctors never actually diagnosed the illness, but they attributed the syptoms to a virus. I had a CT scan, barrium enema, urine test, and numerous blood test, all of which were negative. Lately though I have notice that my stools are sometimes light in color, similar to tan. I did eat a large amount of fatty foods the day before (Mexican food), and was wondering if eatting a lot of fatty foods can make your stools lighter in color, or could this be a result of some liver problem associated with the illness I have been experiencing in the last year. Any advice would really be appreciated. Thanks

MrOwl
10-02-2004, 02:54 PM
It is probably not a problem. A lot of things can affect stool color. Eat a lot of beet and you can get dark red coming out.

My guess is that you are fine down there.