PDA

View Full Version : what do i have?

Aries gal
10-06-2004, 08:40 PM
I've been bleeding when i've gone number 2 for months now. I thought they were just hemmoroids and used some preporation h and it seemed to help. But for the last week, i've been really sick. There's been blood again but this time it seems to be IN the stool, like it's coming from inside my colon. It feels like I have food poisoning again, which I got last April. I wake up with stomach cramps and get them throughout the day. I go to the bathroom several times a day, and barely anything comes out. I felt naseous a few days ago. And I feel sick and stuffed if I eat anything! I'm scared to eat anything now. I feel like my colon is backed up and filled with toxins and I don't know what I have. Is it an ulcer or colitis or crohn's disease or what?
I also have fibromyalgia and candida overgrowth. The only thing I've done differently in the past few weeks is to stop taking my anti-yeast pills because I ran out. Could the bleeding and cramping problems i'm having now have something to with the candida yeast? Because I know it grows in your colon, especially when it's full. I'd appreciate any advice.
thanks!

Rolex
10-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Whoaaa Aries gal, I think you should definately call a Doctor, gastroenternist, and get that checked out. Bleeding for 2 months sounds serious.. Especially if you are feeling sick.
Let us know what you find out. I have had 2 colonoscopies(ms) and they are no fun but at least you can see what the problem is.
Good luck.

MrOwl
10-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Agreed, you should have this check out as soon as possible. You have trouble getting an appointment, try going to a local walkin clinic, and let them see what they can see from the outside. I strong recommend that you get help immediately. It could be very minor, but at least you will know.

auntjudyg
10-07-2004, 07:16 AM
There are a number of possibilities ranging from simple to more serious. For example, it could be internal hemmorhoids. It takes a physician to diagnose exactly what's going on . . . the sooner you get in to see one, the sooner your situation will be diagnosed and more easily treated. Keep us posted!

chigs489
10-07-2004, 08:07 AM
It may have been the candida diet that caused all this to happen in the first place. My ENT told me to go on it because he thought I might have "yeast overgrowth." The diet was fruit-free -in other words, no soluble fiber. Very bad for the colon. To make matters worse, I couldn't even have whole grains. Sure enough, within a few weeks, I developed constipation, and then a nasty fissure which I'm still dealing with.

I then find out that this whole "yeast overgrowth" thing is not scientifically proven.

Start eating normally. High fiber diet, use stool softeners, etc. And see your doctor.

Aries gal
10-07-2004, 04:51 PM
I saw the doctor today but he wasn't of much help. Because Im young doctors never seem to think anything's really wrong with me. He seems to think my problem is just constipation, but i think it's something worse. I got blood and urine samples taken, and I'm supposed to get my stool sample tested too. So we'll see what happens. He prescribed me magnesium citrate to clean out my colon for now. Has anyone tried it and does it really work? Because the lady at the pharmacy just handed me a bottle off the shelf! I didn't even need a prescription for it.
He said we could do a colonoscapy, but shouldn't i just go to a gastroenetrologist and have him do it and diagnose me?? I don't really know what to do. I'd really like to heal myself naturally and see a homeopathic dr. for all my health problems but can't find one.

Oh,and I was never on the candida diet. I haven't started it yet, so i know that wasn't the cause of all of this.