PDA

View Full Version : Symtoms of IBS?

tiggerbengal
10-17-2004, 10:48 AM
What are the main symptoms of IBS? For the last 2 weeks, my stomach has been bothering me after I eat and well after that, too. I dont't know whether it is just bad gas or bad stomach cramps. It's the kind where after you eat and your stomach hurts and feels like you have to go to the bathroom. Sometimes it hurts so bad, that it makes me want to throw up. Hard to explain, I guess. Usually after I go, it seems to go away. But this happenes to but nothing happenens. Is this maybe lack of fiber? What can I take besides pepto bismol?

bluetooth
10-17-2004, 04:10 PM
ive been diagnosed with ibs for 5 years

i only suffer from two of the symptoms really but the main ones include, bloating. execcesive wind, diahorrea, constipation, loose stools/hard stools. i think they vary between people but i suffer from bloating/excessive wind after eating anything dairy or anything processed

if you feel like you have to go the bathroom straight away after eating, that could be IBS but im really not that sure
ive never experienced the need to throw up, thats totally new to me although you may have a more severe form of it than i :)

natural yogurt is meant to be good for sorting out the bacteria within the bowels/digestive system. its helped me!
you could just eat it with cucumber as a snack maybe once a day