PDA

View Full Version : Update on my diagnosis

NodiGoiterGirl
10-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Well, I don't have Crohn's I have IBS. the swelling they found during my colonoscopy was due to the prep from the previous day.
They told me though that my CT scan from 9/10 showed an 8.2cm fluid filled mass, probable ovarian cyst that is pushing on the dome of my bladder. Maybe this has been causing some of my discomfort? It just doesn't seem like it because it is too high to be ovary pain. I have read that sometimes the pain can be felt somewhere else in the abdomen not necessarily in the ovaries because the nerves that make up the ovaries and intestines are the same. So don't know if it's my spazzy colon that hurts or my orange sized stowe away. I have an ultrasound Friday.
TTYL
Nodi

quincy
10-22-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi,

That's good news that you don't have CD.....but as far as the pressing on your bladder by an orange-sized cyst isn't good either. Is the ultrasound to determine prep for surgery?

Keep us posted as to what happens.

It still doesn't change how you're feeling....I hope there is a solution for you so that you're not suffering for too long.

The IBS can be from all the stress you're experiencing during this "not knowing" phase.

quincy

NodiGoiterGirl
10-25-2004, 11:01 AM
The ultrasound is just to figure out more about the cyst. Nobody's mentioned surgery yet. The Gastro was like, "I don't deal with this kind of stuff so see your regular doctor and I'll order the ultrasound." That's where I am right now. Actually I've had the IBS for quite some time now, I look back on many occasions and I have an AHA moment.
I am acutally stressed out most of the time so it's no wonder that it's been worse for the past four months. I am in the last two quarters of my Bachelor's degree and my husband is bi-polar. Sometimes it's rough.
Thanks,
Nodi

djc
10-25-2004, 12:22 PM
What were your symptons? Lots of gas and stomache grumblining noises right?

NodiGoiterGirl
10-25-2004, 01:53 PM
My symptoms in the past have been constant constipation then with sudden bouts of diarrhea lasting sometimes a month at a time. About 6 months ago I started waking up in the early mornings with cold sweats and then vomiting. This happened twice after eating beef smoked sausage. I have since figured out that I cannot tolerate grease. Then four months ago I started burping more than ususal and also more gas than usual, but not too bad. I had a sudden bout of diarrhea that I thought was from eating bad food but at the same time I got a pain in my upper left abdomen. This pain has persisted ever since. There's not a day that goes by that it's not there.
Carbonated beverages cause me discomfort as do dairy products.
I guess I've had IBS for a very long time. Constipation runs in my family and I was always told to eat more fruit, eat more fiber whatever. Nothing ever seems to help. Then when I would have loose stools they always said it was because I was constipated.
Nodi