PDA

View Full Version : help(shaving ruff pubic hair)advice?

sleeptweedledee
10-17-2003, 09:26 PM
OK, Iíll start by saying I hope you donít get grossed out but I feel I am the only one out there with this problem. I am only twenty-five years old and I am very fair skin with blonde hair and blue eyes but yet I have jet-black wirery pubic hair :eek:. At the age of seventeen I went bald now I have to shave constant and it hurts bad. Because my pubs are so wirery I cant get close enough shave and suddenly I am growing pubs down the inside of my thighs not far down at all but scared if I keep shaving I am going to turn into a hairy animal. Please, does anyone know what I can use to keep at least the strip of hair I have silky? I have had this problem for so long and feel alone in this. Also the are so rough sometimes even when the strip of hair is short it can cause irritation to my hubby. HELP! Oh one more thing I have tried lotion and waxing and ďagain ď due to my ruff hair down there waxing is totally out the picture been there and done that.
Thanx
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/blob_fire.gif

sleeptweedledee
10-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Thanx but I read that forum till my head hurt, however I am going to try nair it sounds like alot of people have had good excperience with it. I dont care if I burn sure beats nicked up down there which hurts so bad. But got good tips but need to know what can thin or condition the hair down thier.
Thanx, still looking for hope
:D

blackrosekat
10-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Good choice. I use nair all the time- use the roll on kind it's alot less messy and not as strong smelling as the other kinds for some reason. It grows back less harshley and silkier. Good luck! Also with shaving i've heard baby powder helps with razor burn but im sure you read that in the other thread. Good luck

sleeptweedledee
10-18-2003, 11:23 AM
thanx for advice. will try that.

lovely.lady
10-18-2003, 04:08 PM
There's also a Nair made specifically for bikini lines. I tried it and it's pretty good but wow the irritation was insane. I think it's better to let the hair grow out before using the bikini Nair; for some reason I think it's less irritating.

Meg28
10-18-2003, 04:12 PM
For the hair that is left, have you tried putting hair conditioner on them? Just an idea.
I also have pretty good success with Nair...just be careful not to get it in your vagina...ouch!

sleeptweedledee
10-20-2003, 12:10 PM
LOL, I did use the hair conditioner a while back but I dont know I just stopped doing that it could have help but I cant remember, sorry but yes that is a good idea and that was the first thing I thought of but i think because I trim the strip very short the conditioner did not help that but I think it may have worked when I had longer hair in that strip but I just have to keep it short (bad habit).
Thanx

4given1
10-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Hi! :wave: I didn't read the "Hair down there" post so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

There is a product called "Magic Powder." It is found in the hair care section for African-Americans, and it is used for removal of course beard hair. When the hair grows back, it tends to be less course and wiry. You mix the powder with water to make a paste and apply it to the area in which you wish to remove hair. After it begins to harden, you simply wipe it off and voila! The hair comes right with it!

There was a loooooong post in the beauty forum about this product last year -- everyone was raving about it for use in the pubic region -- so I just had to try it. It smelled horrible, but worked wonderfully! You may want to give it a try, just be sure to buy the gold can for sensitive skin.

Good luck! :)

------------------
Daisy
#1 on the way!
EDD 4/21/04
------------------------
Children are a gift from God. They are a reward from Him.-Psalm 127:3

[This message has been edited by GloomyDaisy (edited 10-20-2003).]

sleeptweedledee
10-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Daisy thank you so much I will try that and believe it or not I was simply thinking surely sallys would have something to help because African Americans do have dry rough hair or some do shall I say "no offense I hope to anyone but yes thank you. I did buy the Nair I am counting down the hours till kids go to bed so I will be forced to run around the house naked, LOL but I hope it works and if it does I got a lot of threads to thank because I suffer BAD just to shave my bikinie line.
Thanx muches, Kell :wave: